While I was focused on enjoying Cape Town, I was also planning everything last second. Sally, Ian, and their staff were busy ironing out the details. If I could bottle the quality of their service and sell it I'd be a billionaire.
The view is spectacular and this is coming from someone who lived on the 47th floor of a building overlooking South Beach and the Port of Miami. The chefs (Nicole and Helen) are very personable, good at what they do, and extremely accommodating. All the recommendations for dinner were very good. The location is ideal if you want to hike up Table Mountain, which they set up a guided tour for me, also last second.
While the view is worth the price of admission and ideal for pictures and hiking, its not ideal for walking to the beach nor is it an easy walk down the "hill" where all the restaurants and bars are located in Camps Bay. That said, its an easy 5 minute cab ride down the hill or 10 minutes to the city center, and it is an ideal place if you rented your own car as there is no fee to park.
Another convenient item is the free Wifi. Their Wifi didn't require any annoying cards with 100 MB's limitations that even major hotel chains like the Hilton burden you with in South Africa. If I were travelling on business this would be a very annoying feature that you don't have to worry about at this location.
Great location for Couples, family's, and groups of friends. Business or conference travelers could easily get by with the amount of workspace available in the rooms, easy parking, and decent wifi.
However, given the number of rooms (4) and the more quiet and secluded location its not an ideal location or setting for a Solo traveler looking to be within walking distance to everything meeting new people every 5 minutes. Better for the Solo traveler that wants to write a novel and needs some inspiration.
In conclusion: Great service and extraordinary attention to detail, great view, relaxing environment and staff. I would love to go back and I have already referred people to Atlantic Suites Camps Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Suites Camps Bay offers five star, luxury accommodation with breathtaking sea views, a uniquely large rim-flow pool and exclusive hospitality. The four stylish, sea facing, luxury rooms sleep two in XL King beds and have en-suite bathrooms with Jacuzzi Spa baths. This is the quintessential honeymoon location in Camps Bay, providing exclusive hospitality and a beautifully romantic setting. Welcome tea trays and snack platters, generous full English breakfasts, a fully stocked mini-bar on arrival, complimentary laundry, free internet usage, concierge service and VAT are all INCLUDED in the rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Atlantic Suites Camps Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Suites Camps Bay Hotel Camps Bay
- Atlantic Suites Camps Bay Cape Town, South Africa