“So lucky for finding a lovely houses and for meeting nice persons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camps Bay Glen

You added Camps Bay Glen to your Saves list
Camps Bay Glen
40 Rottingdean Road, Camps Bay 8040, South Africa   |
Special Offer
COME TO CAPE TOWN
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“So lucky for finding a lovely houses and for meeting nice persons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We are Chinese family and we arrived on the night of 28 August 2013 and we lived one week. We have to say that we are so lucky to find this house and to meet so many nice people. When we arrived, we has lost our baggage , the owner mark has helped us to contact with the airport, otherwise he also helped us for organizing the trip in Cape Town , and has send us so many useful information. A lovely guy isaak every night to check that if we have returned the guest house safe, so sweet, just like a family. The most lucky, mark let us use his main house Studio A without any fee. I love that fantastic balcony, from there we enjoying looking the sunset on the Atlantic. So beautiful! Thank you Mark, we are really like the style of your house, original, simple and natural. If we will return in South Africa , we will return your house, and anyone of Studio a, b and c, we all like.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at Camps Bay Glen studio B for a couple of nights in April whilst traveling with a couple of friends and really enjoyed it. The whole place is decorated in a very chilled, natural but uplifting way reflecting Mark's (the owner) deep connection with all things nature-related. It was too cold then for a dip in the pool but the garden and BBQ area by the water stream were lovely and the ocean view was a major bonus. Truly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My family and I felt it was run down and very shabby . We stayed in studio B and felt it was disgusting. We had to move after two days and my husband , daughter and I could not stay in the place any longer. We are not snobs or anywhere near that but felt it is more for backpackers or young students not as a family holiday accommodation. The multiple wires were dangerous and the many notifications on the wall were shabby. Although people commented saying it was a good value accommodation we moved to somewhere of the same price but in a different league.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in Main House (A) . Down-to-earth self catering with personal and original decorating and facilities.
Kids loved the pool area, the hammocks and the deck. They fought to sleep in the fifth bed setup in the living room.

Room Tip: The MAIN house (A) is all at street level except the sitting area is "sunken" (on the vi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I lived in Cape Town for 10 years, and visited again over December 2012. I searched LOADS of places on TA etc, comparing price vs location vs amenities. I was on a limited budget, but am past my backpacking days. I didn't want to stay at a BnB and couldn't afford a hotel with a balcony and a sea view - which to me is what CT is all about - watching the sunset. I know the area well and Camps Bay is by far the best part of Cape Town. I was looking for a place near the beach, with a pool and fairly quick access to central - I had a car. Your needs obviously might not be mine but this place was absolutely perfect. 10/10.

I read some of these reviews and am stunned at what people expect for the price. If you want a front desk, stay at a hotel. It's basic, but everything works. The location is the winner here. It might not suit older people who struggle with stairs - there are about 20 steps down to the pool - and omg they're not all symmetrical. Yes there is a security gate (What? People who complain about having a security gate are the same people who complain when something is stolen. I lived in CT so believe me security is a REAL issue. We felt safe here.)

Anyway, it was a really cool stay. You might need a car - 5 min drive to Camps Bay, 15 minute drive to Central CT, 10 min drive to Llandudno. You could walk if you're fit or get a taxi. For the price you couldn't do better. I looked at loads of places and I know the area. Trust me.

Room Tip: Take the main house if you can afford it, otherwise studio B worked for us.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
gold coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hospitality in South Africa I found far exceeded anywhere else I have visited in the world, a genuine desire for you to have a welcoming, unforgettable and vibrant experience. Camps Bay Glen provided a homely, comfortable and clean accommodation experience. We loved relaxing amongst the natural surrounds, hammocks, deck chairs and pool, whilst reveling in the view of the Bay. Camps Bay Glen renewed my inner energy to continually explore all of what Capetown has to offer. Mark you are a unique, personable host who I will never forget, your recommendations are what made our trip to Capetown.

Room Tip: We stayed in Studio C which I loved due to location to surrounds. Book directly on Camps Bay Glen we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Main House is amazing. Nice,clean,quiet and peaceful. great view as well. We were 3 couples and we rent the main house and the studio C. It was perfect. It is all fully equiped. The Owner is very friendly and helpful, he knows very well all the region and more in the country, can give you a lot of information. The situation is perfect, close to everything. Sure we will come again....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
markwild, Manager at Camps Bay Glen, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
HI there
Thank s for this cool review! I think I am not allowed to say peoples names here but it was great meeting you all.
This is my first response so its kind of new to me and I am not sure that I can say everything I want...

SO.....Always amazing meeting great people and helping out where I can....I get a bit of a kick out of it!
....I Love traveling myself so know how critical it is to get the cool stuff and inside information of a place! You have to get into it properly and not fall into the tourist traps ...unless that's what you want...I suppose a bit of it is also cool!

Cape town and south Africa ...well the whole of Africa is an abyss! Just gos on forever...mountains, jungle, desert, beaches, sea ..wildlife...resturants..camping..hiking...crazy markets....dig anywhere and all kids of stuff comes up! ,......nooks and cranny's everywhere... Its a magic and deep world that one needs to really get in to "SEE" ....especially if you want to get into the real nature a bush experiences and wilderness places.... table mountain ...out doors etc .....

I try get out wherever I can so really know Africa very well and all the secret places ....I go camping and exploring a lot! And love the little coves and places in and around cape town from camps bay to stellenbosch/ wine route all the way around ...I have lived in cape town for a long time so know all of it from night life to restaurants to odd little secret places in the mountain for hiking biking, and beach spots surfing e.t.c -

So anyway ....come back any time and you or your friends and you have all my information - I will help you however I can to get the best out of your Africa / South Africa trip ....And I am always making cool stuff around campsbayglen like hammock p[laces and I have just build a kind of out door reading bed at the river waterfall ....SO anyway - take care and travel well! All the best
mark
Campsbayglen

Been to Camps Bay Glen? Share your experiences!