“Great atmosphere / view but food just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paranga

Paranga
Corner of Victoria Road & Geneva Drive | Shop no. 1, The Promenade, Camps Bay 8005, South Africa
+2721 438 0404
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Bar scene
Hong Kong, China
“Great atmosphere / view but food just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went on a lovely sunny winters day and managed to get a great table overlooking the road. Great spot to while away the afternoon. Food was only ok though- we both ordered fish and both dishes were over cooked, so disappointing. I would probably give it another go in case they were having an off day as I have heard really good things about it and the location is spectacular

Visited August 2013
Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our establishment.

Please accept our apologies for the disappointing meals had, it is most certainly not the norm at Paranga.

We look forward to your next visit!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“A place to indulge and lose yourself in the surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I first visited Paranga 10 years ago with my boyfriend when we visited from the uk. It was so romantic and the food was fabulous. I am a regular visitor to the area and come 2-3 times every year and without fail I make sure I eat here. I've never been disappointed by the food and have tried lots of dishes on the menu, from oysters to steak. And it is always 5 star flawless food. I've been lucky enough to bring many of my friends and family here with me and each of them has been blown away by Paranga.
The setting is perfect and the sunset view is breathtaking, all year round. The interior design is perfect, comfortable and very contemporary and even the music they select seems to put the icing on this very delicious cake!
I love it here as does everyone I've ever brought with me.
My latest visit was yesterday, with 2 of my colleagues and we had a long lunch, my colleagues indulged in a couple of bottles of boschendal blanc de noir, I managed to abstain, but the food amd ambience as well as the setting were enough to make me a very happy customer.
I think this is the best restaurant in camps bay and I can't wait to return in August. Even if you just fancy a cocktail, please sit on the terrace and watch the world go by here at Paranga.

Visited July 2013
Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the amazing feedback and fantastic rating.

We look forward to your next visit!
Turku, Finland
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We decided stop by here to easy our hunger for sushi and Paranga did not disappoint.

Five star location, very nice looking restaurant.

Service was slow, and we couldnt really understand our waitress because she spoke so fast. I asked twice what she meant about their specials, but i just couldnt understand her.

Sushi and the main dish was very good, and overall we ware happy.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for both the positive feedback and constructive criticism.

We will certainly address the issues mentioned internally and look forward to your next visit.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Interesting menu to tempt the tastebuds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Camps Bay locals told us there were only a couple of good restaurants worth going to in Camps Bay for dinner, and Paranga was one of them. We were a little dubious to start, but would heartily recommend Paranga. The waiter who greeted us offered several tables in different areas of the cafe. Despite a cool night, we chose one on the verandah area, so a heater was brought closer to us. The menu offered a wide variety and some unusual combinations, one of which I'd go back again and again for - crayfish tails with a dusting of cajun spice on salad. Scrumptious! My husband enjoyed the oysters for entree, and a chicken schnitzel with mustard sauce for main, which he found a little bland. I opted for a salmon sushi cone, which was fresh and beautifully presented. Paranga is situated across the road from the beach, so there could be traffic noise and fumes for the tables closest to the street, but it is a very good spot to stop for lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We would like to thank you for the great review and the 5 star rating.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Daytime Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

You have to visit this restaurant in Camps Bay. A stunning view and great food and vibe. Music sometimes a bit loud but generally a good atmosphere. I would suggest daytime eating is better than the evening, the view says it all.

Visited June 2013
Your amazing feedback and high rating is very much appreciated. Hoping to see you again soon!