“Stunning view over the bay” 4 of 5 stars

Ambassador Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Victoria Road, Bantry Bay 8005, South Africa   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Bantry Bay
Lincolnshire
“Stunning view over the bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

staff very friendly and helpful. View from dining room over the bay was fabulous ,we were waiting for QM2 to arrive and because of windy weather it came close to the bay breathtaking!!
Food was very good and rooms were very well appointed . I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Unusual design bar on street level bedrooms lower levels, so if you want quiet don't get a room...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Ambassador Executive Suites from April 8-21, 2015. Our stay was excellent. Upon arrival there was a problem with our reservation but that was more than corrected after I informed the Manager Nikki Vardan about the problem
Our suite was very comfortable, spacious and well appointed, with a panoramic view of Lion’s Head and the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel is in a very good location, within easy walking distance to shops, grocery stores and across the street from the ocean. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The dining room service was excellent and the views fantastic.
I have no hesitation in giving this hotel my highest recommendation and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Harleston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for seven nights from April 15th for our birthdays and we were not disappointed with our stay. From when we arrived the staff were very welcoming and friendly assisting us with checking in and our bags. We arrived in our room to a bottle of Champagne on ice, which was a lovely touch! The room was modern, clean with the most stunning view over the ocean which was beautiful to wake up to every morning and soothing listening to the waves when resting at night. Watching Whales crossing the bay in front of the hotel was a highlight!

The Koi restaurant was a very pleasant dining experience the one time we booked there with great views over Bantry Bay. I must mention the staff again, as nothing was too much for them in assisting you. They booked taxis, decorated the room with balloons whilst we were out for my wife's birthday and even made her a cake - lovely touch!

The hotel although isolated, was in a nice part of town with nice costal walks to both Camps Bay and slightly longer along the promenade to the V&A waterfront. Taxi fares were approx R50 (approx £3) to Camps Bay and R100 (approx £6) to the V&A and were very quick to arrive at the hotel and I would definitely recommend UniCab!

We would like to thank the staff at the Ambassador hotel for their friendly, professional service. Keep up the good work!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Vassiliki E, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago

Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were satisfied with everything from the room, to the service and staff, location and Koi!

We strive on our professional and friendly service, therefore I am glad you got to experience that first-hand.

Thank you again, we very much appreciate your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent 11 nights in the self catering apartments and was more than happy. the apartment was clean spacious and had stunning views. I used booking.com and paid £870 this included daily cleaning and was during the Easter school break. I had my mother and teenage son with me and all 3 generations thought the apartment deserved 5 stars. It is in a great location a short hop and skip to the promenade and what a promenade. Loads of local restaurants within in walking distance. Good public transport we hired a car and the complimentary parking was a bonus.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Vassiliki E, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that the apartment was satisfactory. We are extremely lucky to have this amazing location, and I am glad you got to chance to explore the area and what it offers.

Thank you again, we very much appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel for business, and this hotel was wonderful.

Very quiet, amazing view, wonderful staff, what else can I say?

As others have noted here, the view is truly wonderful. Try to get up early in the morning, or be back at the hotel for sunset; it is worth the planning.

Check in was very quick. They found my reservation and got me into my room within 5 minutes. As others have noted, the rooms can be small if you take the standard room (which I did). Even though my room was a bit small, it was lovely and of great design and quality.

I didn't eat dinner at the hotel restaurant, but it was quite busy when I returned at night and everyone looked like they were having a wonderful time. Breakfast was perfect. The service was quite professional, and at the same time left me feeling like I was at home. Enough food selection for even the pickiest of eaters.

Check out was quick, no surprises, and the driver they arranged to take me to the airport was great.

I travel a lot on business; however, I will return to this hotel with my family in the near future.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more on an upgraded room; it is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that the staff, restaurant and location were to your satisfaction. And yes, the view is breath taking!

We strive on our high standard of service, therefore I am glad you experienced it with our front office staff and our valet drivers.

Koi is a fantastic restaurant, with great food and great service. They provide such a variety at breakfast, and I am very happy to hear that you felt at home.

Thank you again for your feedback, we very much appreciate it and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. I would suggest booking dinner at Koi on your next stay with us!

Lewes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel looks tired and shabby apart from the entrance to the reception area. Small is an understatement for the rooms , they are tiny and the bathrooms minute!

The outside pool area is dirty and the swimming pool has a distinct rim of dirt around the water line, I dread to think what germs are hidden in there hence not using it, a great shame as the sea in bantry bay is not appropriate to swim in.

The restaurant area looks tired and needs updating, all in all not a very pleasant experience and unfortunately we had monies stolen from our room with no follow up from communication sent to the owner/general manager re the incident. Appalling customer service.

Would not visit again nor recommend as I dont think the staff can be trusted.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
AmbassadorCPTManager, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest

It is surprise and disappointment that we read your review. We were clearly under the impression that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay after your meetings with two of our managers whereby you gave generous and warm feedback on the staff and hotel both the night before departure and as well on the morning of your departure. We were so pleased to note that you would also be keen to return despite of the incident you reported of alleged missing monies from your bag.

Subsequent to those meetings following your departure, we made contact with you on 5 separate occasions giving you detailed feedback in writing as well as a full report from an independent security company regarding the alleged monies you reported missing on the eve of your departure.

As mentioned in previous correspondence, we are unfortunately not in a position to compensate you any further. The discount you received upon departure, as explained by the Front Office Manager and further reiterated in writing, was for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of the maintenance issue you mentioned during your meeting with the Front Office Manager.

Once again our apologies for any inconvenience experienced during your stay.

Kind regards

Nikki Vardan
GENERAL MANAGER
Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The sound of the ocean lulling you to sleep in the evening. Great restaurants on your door step, and Koi restaurant downstairs, what more do you need.

Nothing, but add friendly helpful staff and you have the Ambassafor hotel.d

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
AmbassadorCPTManager, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for submitting your review on the Ambassador Hotel.

We appreciate the great feedback on the hotel and staff and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kind regards
Nikki Vardan
GENERAL MANAGER

Been to Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!