“Garden of delight.” 5 of 5 stars

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
7 attraction reviews
“Garden of delight.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having recently seen beautiful photographs of this wine farm in an interior decorating magazine, I was determined to see it for myself. My husband and son were somewhat reluctant to accompany me, but boy, were they blown away by the absolute beauty, attention to detail and the sheer scope of this wonderful farm. We tasted some delicious wines here and bought some to take home. We stocked up on pears-in -shiraz, cheese and charcuterie in the farm shop. We drank tea at the Glass house and spent a wonderful time walking through a myriad of "garden-rooms" to delight both gardener and non-gardener. There is an olive and citrus orchard, lotus ponds, a prickly pear maze and a river walk. The indigenous fragrant garden was a delight! This is a definite must-do if you find yourself in the Franschoek area. It is my heart's desire to eat at their restaurant one day...

Visited June 2013