“Room with a view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Sun City
Abergele, United Kingdom
“Room with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a fantastic place this is. I have had the good fortune to have been twice and would love to go again. The staff are quite friendly and there is plenty to do on the resort. I loved the whole relaxed atmosphere about the place.
The casinos are looking just a little old now but still to a satisfactory standard.

Room Tip: Make sure you lock your windows or the baboons will get in
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Patrick S, Manager at The Cascades Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Wayne C
Thanks for the feedback provided.
We are delighted to hear that you appreciated the view from your room during your stay with us and had a great moment!
Once again, thank you so much for the feedback, time taken to send to us and wish to welcome you back to The Cascades Hotel.
Patrick Serakwane, Hotel Manager, The Cascades Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Indonesian first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Hotel room was great. We had 301. Breakfast was great and service attentive and efficient. Not sure it's the Cascades fault but having lawnmowers edge trimmers etc running before 6am in the morning is not welcome . Sun City needs to tell their gardening crew that guests are still sleeping at 6

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan M

Thanks for the feedback provided.

We are delighted to hear that you appreciated our room, breakfast and service – Much obliged!
As for the lawnmowers, we have addressed the matter accordingly to avoid reoccurrence.

singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed over for 2 nights mid Oct. Hotel was having some renovation works. The coffeehouse serves breakfast only. The room furnishings were rather old. Nothing very memorable about the stay or Sun City itself. Okay for short stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear calaislily

Thanks for the feedback provided – much appreciated.
We have noted the comment regarding the renovation that was taking place during your stay.
We are happy to advise that the lobby’s renovation is complete, open and working

Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I spent the last 2 days of our SA Vacation at Sun City staying at The Cascades Hotel. We very not at all happy with the quality of accommodation. The room was small and felt dark with the choice of interiors and the carpet. There was repair work going on hence the hotel had just a reception and no lobby at all. WiFi was complementary but the signal never reached into the room. The only good part about the property was its location in the center of the complex to visit the Casino, Entertainment Complex or the Wave Pool. The service at the reception was not upto the mark and felt rude at times and also the concierge had just one person and people had to wait their turn sometimes for long.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JeetFuria
Thank you for the feedback provided – much appreciated.
We have noted the comment regarding the insufficient lighting in the room, the renovation that was taking place during your stay and the concern around staff members.
It is through our guests’ feedback to be aware how we deliver to what we promised. As for the room and staff comment, please note that we have taken these comments seriously and addressed accordingly.
We are happy to advise that the lobby’s renovation is complete and working.
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The problem with this place is the expectation , due to the hype surrounding Sun city . Was utterly disappointed , Casino was absolutely nothing to talk about other than the 100's of slot machines and a few table games completely in favor of the casino. The staff are not that courteous and the room cleanliness and house keeping is just an eye wash. Hope they can get this property back to its old standards .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Patrick S, Manager at The Cascades Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear DEVZ18
Thank you so much for the feedback provided – much appreciated!
We have noted the comment on fewer tables and slots machines in the casino floors. Please note that we have taken note of this seriously and recorded for future developments. As for staff not courteous and comments on room standards, please note that it is not how we operate and it has been addressed accordingly.
Once again, thank you so much for your time and efforts in providing us with feedback.
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

On 6th sep 2013 we checked in at cascades hotel (sun city). My room no. Was 516.
On 7th sep 2013 I was playing game at entertainment centre, to put tokens into machine, I keep my bag pack down for a moment and someone steal my bag within a moment from their.

My bag was containing whole of our cash of 6 people total amounting to 50000 zar+/- in different denomination.

Some of my expensive clothes and gucci accessories amounting to around 10000 zar +/- was also in the bag.

As soon as I realise that my bag wasn't there I contact to security people. They found in the CCTV cameras that someone was picking my bag but they didn't show that video clip to me.
I doubt that security of suncity is involved in this case as they misguided me for around 4 hours.
First they told me that the guy who steal bag is in suncity and they are searching for him, then they told me they have found him and he is on sky train and they have send guards to exit point, then I got an information that guy has already make a exit from suncity.
Then I decided to complain in police, my case no. is "61/09/2013".
Surveillance people were not even ready to listen when I told them to show me the video clip. I went there as a tourist and your people misbehave with me regarding this case.
infact the security at the casino said that this is quite frequently occurring in south Africa with tourist.
they cant help us
they made fun of me, insulted me and din help me.
I left cash less
full of shame
I hate south Africa and its nationalist and its police etc etc
I am under debt now
I lost nearly 10000 US dollars

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from the Cascades,

Thank you for the feedback provided - much appreciated!
It is noted that the alleged incident referred to on the feedback was reported to our complex Security Department and under control. Please note that relevant feedback and findings will be provided accordingly.

Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

A very nice spot that was relatively well priced. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and my room was clean and comfortable. Probably the best situated hotel to the entertainment center in the Sun City complex, and an easy walk to Waterworld, Sun City Hotel and the Cabanas.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back, as they have balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Greetings from the Cascades Hotel
Thank you so much for taking time and efforts to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us. It is well appreciated and happy to hear that staff are friendly.

Once again, Thank you so much.

The Cascades Hotel

Been to The Cascades Hotel? Share your experiences!