“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Palace of the Lost City

You added The Palace of the Lost City to your Saves list
The Palace of the Lost City
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sun City Resort off the R556, Sun City 0316, South Africa   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sun City
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a venue, expectations were exceeded, staff were superb, hotel was just amazing. The temple of courage is a must for all of you thrill seekers too! Would love to go back and take the kids.....
Safari was great fun, ballooning too. Got to feed the elephants first hand and took a ride out to meet and feed the new lion cubs recently born in captivity (but will be released, great to see), just a trip of a lifetime....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Palace_12, Manager at The Palace of the Lost City, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Palace of the lost city.
I have shared your feedback with my team and we do hope you will be able to return to our Resort to enjoy yet another exciting vacation.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Centurion
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I spoilt ourselves with a long weekend to The Palace but were quite disappointed in several respects. Although the staff were friendly, the rooms were very outdated - the matress was old and unsupportive, the taps didn't seem to work well anymore (you had to open them up almost completely to get water), the lavatory was very noisy (again pointing to plumbing) and they couldn't seem to get the dusts out of the carpets. None of this was unbearable but not what you expect of a 5 star place and especially at that price!
To top it all off, the valet service scratched our car and didn't tell us - we had to see it for ourselves when we checked out! And the response from the staff? "It was like that". Of course they have to prove that and after making us stand outside for more than an hour they finally gave us a letter stating that "they will investigate the allegations".
I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the palace, the staff went out of there way to make our stay as comfortable as possible and they upgraded us to a better room for my birthday and our aniversary. Very very friendly staff if we need anything we just had to ask. Room Service excellent housekeeping perfect. All and all our stay where a pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Palace of the lost city.
My team and I are pleased you have had a very special and enjoyable birthday celebration.

We look forward in being able to welcome you back for your 3rd visit in the not so distant future.

Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Palace of the Lost City is another must see when visiting South Africa. I have certainly never been to another hotel like it!

It's like Disney World combined with Out of Africa together with your wildest dreams!

I was lucky enough to be the date of a friend who attended a work function at The Palace of the Lost City. From a game reserve to an award winning golf course to amusement parks to a water world delux to a variety of accomodations to too many restaurants to count...there are buses to help you get around it's so big!

I found myself staring alot of the time. It was hard not to! I didn't know what to do first!

I attended the work function with my friend which was also great because outside the function hall - or should I call it superdome - was all sorts of restaurants. The part I loved was an area where you could buy your food and then sit in a theatre with a table in front of you and watch a movie!

I was there for too short a time and am definetly planning to go back and explore more...there is so much to see and do...if you plan to visit this hotel be sure to stay a while.

Debs Sutherland

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

My team and I thank you for your very complimentary review. The Sun City Resort is truly a unique travel destination offering a multitude of world class activities and facilities for all to enjoy.

I do hope you will be able to return to our beautiful Hotel and Resort in the near future and enjoy more of what we have to offer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

As a local south african, and fortunate to frequent this place, i find it rather boring and outdated, the service is excellent, but they definitely need to be more affordable. They are too expensive withe drinks and not sure if the only cater for the international visitor. What is up eith the per person sharing rates, i guess only in africa, whate a waste, the place is awesome but entertainment, very outdated, the need to look into investing in more fun things to doere

The casino is so small and only foundin one hotel venue, i remember sun city being the gambling mecca in africa, i guess no more

Room Tip: Facing the pools
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your views and comments regarding your most recent stay.

We appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding entertainment and the casino, and as a frequent customer we thank you for your praise of the hotels continuous offering of a high level of service.

We look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Jalandhar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Its a Grand property, Sun City is worth visiting for couple of days and I guess Palace is the hotel to feel the luxury of Sun City, its big, staff is very nice. Breakfast is awesome and lavish.
But you must visit the Entertainment area and other hotels specially cabanas as they have many activities for the children.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Palace_12, Manager at The Palace of the Lost City, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Sun City Resort along with the Palace of the Lost City is indeed something to experience when traveling to South Africa.
I am very pleased you chose our hotel as your accommodation of choice and that you have had an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just spend my birthday at this hotel with my family and it was an absolutely awesome experience. Service is wonderful and you are made to feel like royalty. International film crew shooting at Sun city and my 13 year old son bumped into Adam Sandler at the hotel lift and he was so thrilled. We spent most of our time that we were not enjoying the enormous suite with beautiful bathroom, walking the stunning gardens and going up Kings Tower for a great view!! Thank you to Palace management for complimentary bottle of wine and fruit on arrival and for the Birthday cake and singing during breakfast. What a way to celebrate!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Palace_12, Manager at The Palace of the Lost City, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

My team and I thank you for your kind review and sincere comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your birthday with us. I do hope that you will be returning sometime soon.

Kind Regards
Hotel Manager

Been to The Palace of the Lost City? Share your experiences!