When we told our South African friends we were staying in Rustenburg, they all turned up their noses and said it was an industrial town and we wouldn't see the best of South Africa. Admittedly the town itself isn't the most picturesque of places but just outside it the Kedar centre is very attractive. The accommodation and setting are great and we really enjoyed the food at the hotel's restaurant. Chef William introduced himself and served us the best steak we had all holiday (we went on to Cape Town and dined in some very upmarket restaurants so this is some compliment). We had treatments at the Spa and were very impressed with everything there. In conclusion, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would go back myself at the first opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5km away from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, one of the stadiums that hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Kedar Country Lodge, Conference Centre and Spa offers 60 elegantly finished rooms, 3 Executive Rooms, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Presidential Suite. 7 conference rooms, an open air Boma with a stage and a Chapel for an elegant bushveld wedding. Some 20 years ago, Recreation Africa purchased a portion of Boekenhoutfontein, the historic farm of President Paul Kruger. Over the years, adjoining land has been acquired, culminating in the consolidation of an area of some 700 acres, which has been game fenced and populated with a wide variety of game, including eland, blesbok, impala, bushbuck, nyala, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest and giraffe. Invaluable environmental work has been done to remove alien vegetation and restore the wetlands which attract prolific birdlife.With a Spa in an idyllic setting, jutting out over a natural wetland lake teaming with fish and birdlife, it is sure to enhance the spiritual and physical relaxation you expect from a Spa in the country. The Metswedi bar in the evenings allows guests to partake of sundowners whilst watching the sunset over the natural bush. Other facilities include a large swimming pool, game drives, Pigmy Hippo Walk, Paul Kruger Country House Museum Tour, Anglo Boere War Museum, helicopter Pad, Team building area, and open air conference areas. All this, just one and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and only 15 minutes from Sun City and the Pilanesberg Game Reserve - home of the “Big Five”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Kedar Country Lodge, Conference Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kedar Country Hotel, Hotel Rustenburg
- Kedar Country Hotel, Conference Center And Spa