We've just spent a glorious weekend at Kedar Country Lodge. The food, accommodation and service were excellent. What impressed me immensely however was the conservation ethic of this lodge. Besides recycling programmes, water saving measures, carbon offsets, and the conservation of indigenous animals, it was very pleasing to hear about and see the projects to eradicate alien vegetation, plant indigenous trees and shrubs, and rehabilitate wetlands. The Kedar management and staff are commended for their contributions to the conservation of South Africa's natural heritage. As a bird conservationist, I enjoyed listening to and watching the wide variety of birds at Kedar (many attracted to the indigenous plants which have been planted in the hotel grounds). Mark Anderson, CEO, BirdLife South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5km away from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, one of the stadiums that hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Kedar Country Lodge, Conference Centre and Spa offers 60 elegantly finished rooms, 3 Executive Rooms, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Presidential Suite. 7 conference rooms, an open air Boma with a stage and a Chapel for an elegant bushveld wedding. Some 20 years ago, Recreation Africa purchased a portion of Boekenhoutfontein, the historic farm of President Paul Kruger. Over the years, adjoining land has been acquired, culminating in the consolidation of an area of some 700 acres, which has been game fenced and populated with a wide variety of game, including eland, blesbok, impala, bushbuck, nyala, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest and giraffe. Invaluable environmental work has been done to remove alien vegetation and restore the wetlands which attract prolific birdlife.With a Spa in an idyllic setting, jutting out over a natural wetland lake teaming with fish and birdlife, it is sure to enhance the spiritual and physical relaxation you expect from a Spa in the country. The Metswedi bar in the evenings allows guests to partake of sundowners whilst watching the sunset over the natural bush. Other facilities include a large swimming pool, game drives, Pigmy Hippo Walk, Paul Kruger Country House Museum Tour, Anglo Boere War Museum, helicopter Pad, Team building area, and open air conference areas. All this, just one and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and only 15 minutes from Sun City and the Pilanesberg Game Reserve - home of the “Big Five”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Kedar Country Lodge, Conference Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kedar Country Hotel, Conference Center And Spa
- Kedar Country Hotel, Hotel Rustenburg