“Wesley- Ivory Tree's answer to Bear Gryll's, Top Ranger........” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ivory Tree Game Lodge

You added Ivory Tree Game Lodge to your Saves list
Ivory Tree Game Lodge
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   | Bakgatla Gate, Pilanesberg National Park 318, South Africa   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wesley- Ivory Tree's answer to Bear Gryll's, Top Ranger........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just returned from two nights at Ivory Tree Lodge and spent new years eve at the venue, first time at a game reserve, totally blew me and my wife away...... Stayed in the excetutive suites, beautiful outside paitio, with a plunge pool to keep you cool when the temperatures get to much to bear, great views of the game reserve and to top it off a zebra strolled past the end of the patio, sight to be seen. Lovely bedroom with a four poster bed and a massive bathroom with an outside shower, great experience.
Attended four game drives in total two dawn and two dusk, where do I start, every drive we eperienced something different, Wesley is a true gentlemen, I have never met anybody in my life like Wesley who truly loves his job as much as he does. He has the nack of being in the rightb place at the right time, from seeing a herd of 23 elephants, to seeing two male lions laid on the grass playing with each other. His knowledge of the game reserve and the wildlife was exceptional. The dusk drives are worth the visit alone to be confronted with a 6 tonne male elephant walking down the road towards you is experience to behold, I can assure you this gets the heart beating when you reversing up a dirt track in pitch darkness, but Wesley got us home safe and sound. He would drive along and sudenley stop and point out a chameleon in the bush, he must have infa red vision ! his knowledge of the stars and the animals is first class, we both learnt so much. We was that lucky we even seen a pair of Oryx, first time they had been seen for two years.

Just want to say what a wonderful experience, I will be reccomending Ivory Tree Lodge to all my friends and family, I you want to experience Pilansberg Game Reserve this has to be your first choice of venue.

Thankyou for the attention to detail and first class facilities to all at Ivory Tree

Regards

M A Norris

Room Tip: Excetutive Suites are worth the extra cash, a must........
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Mark N,

good morning and thank you so much for the great review, it was the highlight of our morning meeting. Wesley is on cloud 9 after reading your review and he deserves it. Thank you also for the review on our property and the facilities, we do appreciate it and wish you many returns.

Kind regards and Ivory Tree greetings,

Wynand du Toit, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We have just come back from a truly memorable few days spent at Ivory Tree Lodge. As a big group traveling from Australia, America and South Africa for post wedding celebrations the staff bent over backwards and could not do enough to please their guests.

The accommodation was extremely comfortable with lovely rooms which had huge king beds and a bathtub you could do laps in!!

Our ranger, Wesley was professional, knowledgable, polite, attentive to our needs, passionate and dedicated to his clients. He with out a doubt went above and beyond for us! He would help my grandmother into the 4x4, ensure we had our favorite sundowner drinks packed in the car, politely wake us up each morning for the drives, ensure we had blankets in the car on cold mornings or evenings, I could do on and on!! He personally added to our experience at the Ivory Tree! It would not have been the same without him, he was so amazing and it's easy to see he loves his job! We so saw much over the few days we were there including, lion, cheater, leopard, buffalo, elephants, giraffe, zebra, hippo, impala, springbok, wild dogs etc. The early morning safaris were unbelievable and the sunrises and sunsets were beautiful. Wesley did his best to ensure we had the best experience and ticked everything we wanted to see off our list. He is so experienced, knows the area so well and reads the animals brilliantly, we basically felt like we were on national geographic every day. Wes personally made our safaris unbelievable!!

Thank you to all the staff at Ivory Tree Lodge for the best holiday anyone could ever dream of. A special shout out to Jodi, one of the trainee rangers who attended a few of our drives, we know you will make a fantastic ranger!

There isn't a thing we would change about our experience! Wesley, we are your biggest fans from Australia!!

Thank you, to all of your dedicated staff!! I would definitely recommend this lodge and I would recommend that if you want an experience out of this world then you should request to have Wesley as a guide!

• Stayed December 2013
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear jennaandi,

good morning and thank you so much for the great review. It is such a pleasure reading your review and sharing it with my management team during our daily meetings. I also shared it in person with Wesley and he had the greatest of smiles on his face, well deserved.

It was an absolute pleasure hosting the wedding party at Ivory Tree and we are all looking forward on your return visit.

Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband and I and my two sisters recently returned from a wonderful stay at Ivory Tree Lodge. From the minute we arrived until we waved goodbye, our experience was exceptional! Nico Meyers, our guide was most knowledgeable about the wildlife found in the park. He was enthusiastic and accommodating. We asked many questions and the two that he didn't know the answer to, he quickly found the answer from older colleagues. It was obvious that he was a conservationist at heart and hopefully he will go far with his passion and energy level. The food was amazing, varied and tastefully prepared. The cottages that we stayed in were exceptionally clean and well stocked with amenities. The staff was beyond friendly. Thank you Ivory Tree Lodge for an unforgettable vacation!!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Jane G,

good afternoon and thank you for the kind and honest review on your experience at Ivory Tree. It is great to know that my team delivered on your expectations, this makes managing Ivory Tree a great pleasure. I shared your review with my management team and they were all so happy and again committed to our promise of a great experience. Thank you so much.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

October 21-24, 2013 stay. Thank you to all the staff at Ivory Tree Lodge for the best vacation one could ever dream of. Everything was perfect, the staff, the 'hut' , food, entertainment, safaris, I could go on and on. The early morning safaris were unbelievable! Scott our very knowledgeable Ranger drove us to see so much, everything from elephants, lions, leopard, impalas.......... We were even lucky enough to witness a cheetah take down an impala (not even 30 yards from our vehicle...I have video proof of the kill). The sunrises and sunsets were beautiful. There isn't a thing I would change.

The food was excellent, the wine unbelievable, everything perfect! I tell people that this vacation will be hard to surpass if that could ever be possible. If there is one place to stop in for a few days stay, Ivory Tree Lodge is the place. A true gem in the wilds of South Africa

The Farthings
Manitoba, Canada

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for a room closer to the lodge. We were fine with our five minute...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Darlene5,

good morning and thank you so much for the great review on our property. I shared this with my management team this morning and they were all so happy you experienced the true Ivory Tree promise. I personally shared your comments with Scott and he was so thankful and shared some of the cheetah pictures with us. Thank you again for the great review.

Vermilion, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had 3 nights at the Lodge and we wished we had much longer. The lodge and its staff were amazing! The game drives were beyond what I had expected. Our guide, Ruan, was extremely knowledgable and took us out early early every morning to beat the rush. We realized how lucky we were to be in our small vehicles when we saw the crowded ones full of people from some other companies. The private lodges were wonderful and the outdoor show was awesome! The small, private atmosphere of the Ivory tree makes it well worth the trip. I hope to visit again, sooner rather than later :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Jamie M,

thank you so much for your review, I shared it with my management team this morning and they were all ecstatic and so happy that you our guest experienced the true Ivory Tree promise. Ruan will be spoiled with a few beers this evening being rewarded as he is truly a ambassador of the property. We are all looking forward hosting you during your next visit,

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Ivory Tree Game Lodge for 2 night on the 14 Nov. And from my first arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are modern spacious and very comfortable and the bath, you could do laps in, it was that big! The game drives in the early morning and afternoon/evening were amazing and the experience was unforgettable, my driver/guide Jacques did a fantastic job in making sure I seen all the animals on my 'list' and although I missed out on seeing the elusive Leopard, Jacques did try his hardest to find one for me, but we were not lucky those days! His professionalism, knowledge and dedication to his clients, to go above and beyond definitely added to our experience at the Ivory Tree. Thank you, to all of your dedicated staff!! The food was also to a high standard and on my hotel inspection the standard of the other rooms and facilities were also impressive. As a travel agent in Australia, I would highly recommend for my guests to stay at the Ivory Tree Game Lodge, for that unique experience. I would like to say thank you again for having me, it was definitely a highlight of my 2 week African trip.
Gisella Joslin
Cairns
Austalia

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gisella182,

thank you so very much for the great review and for recommending us. I gave a copy of your review to Jacques and he is walking around as if he just won the Lotto! Thank you also for putting to word your experience at Ivory Tree Game Lodge.

Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We visited this lodge for four days and loved every one of them. The game drives are spectacular and the animal sightings are constant and satisfying. The guides are knowledgable and our guide, Solly was the best ! We saw lions, leopards, elephants, zebras, giraffes and several other species every time and it was the best vacation ever. Educational and fun.

Room Tip: The little bungalows are nicely appointed and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear sroeauthor,

good morning and friendly Ivory Tree greetings. Thank you so much for the review, I shared your comments with Solly and I am sure that you having met him, will appreciate the huge smile he had on his face. It is a great review for us when our guests rate this as "the best vacation ever" and a huge boost to our team morale.

Wynand du Toit, General Manager

Been to Ivory Tree Game Lodge? Share your experiences!