“VERY RELAXING! (Shereen Ruthven, Kimberley)” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Guest house   |   14 Budler Street, Upington 8800, South Africa   |
Ranked #4 of 54 Upington B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kimberley, South Africa
“VERY RELAXING! (Shereen Ruthven, Kimberley)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

It's a very beautiful place to come back to after a difficult day at the office. Very central situated to CBD. Staff are very helpful & friendly & I loved the cats. The breakfast was excellent! Will definitely promote & re-visit Le Must Residence!

Room Tip: Room number 4 was excellent - very spacious and very nice bathroom!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
dirkje b, Manager at Le Must River Residence, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
dear Shereen

thank you so much for your review - we do hope to receive you, soon

Dirkje and staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bloemfontein
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

As a first time visitor arriving 21:30 on a Friday evening I was impressed by the friendly service. The historic character splendid garden and majestic river creates a calming effect. I will recommend anyone to your facility. Parking can be adressed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dirkje b, General Manager at Le Must River Residence, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
dear Theuns

we do hope to receive you back in your room, soon

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The place was beautiful and the staff was even better. We arrived with some major issues such as needing to get some things taken care of quickly and we were leaving for a trip to the Kalahari. They helped us get everything solved and did while staying at a beautiful place by the River. We stayed at the Le Must Manor before the trip to the Kalahari and the Le Must Residence after our trips and we recommend both!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
dear David

thank you so much for your review and visiting our beloved part of South Africa.

we know you will treasure the memories of the Kalahari

warm wishes

Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have been staying at Le Must Guest house for the last two Years when I travel to the Northern Cape, they are like family and its my home away from home. Love it there! I travel allot and the thing I enjoy the most is the friendliness of the staff. The property is amazing. I will never stay anywhere else When I'm in Upington.
Just want to say thanks to the staff for making me feel so welcome and loved.

dear Linda

you are one of our favorite clients. we love to spoil you - please come back and stay with us - soon

warm le must wishes

Bloemfontein, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Are always very well received by Dirkje and her team. Wonderful atmosphere without the feeling that your privacy is invaded by any of the other guests.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dear Johan

thank you for your review and your mention of our location - yes, we agree that Le Must Residence has a very special address in Upington

warm wishes

Dirkje + team
Windhoek, Windhoek, Namibia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Le Must is excuse the pun an "absolute must", wonderful accommodation, friendly staff and great value for money. Nothing was too much trouble that i requested, arrived late and had to leave very early, no trouble, breakfast pack was ready for me in the morning as was a full flask of coffee. The rooms are immaculate and very homely, and the shower facility in the room was a blessing.
I highly recommend this venue for a stop over in Upington, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Upstairs balcony room is quite, spacious and more private
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I recently stayed two nights at Le Must River Residence in Upington. I chose this guest house because of the glowing description of it in the Lonely Planet guide to South Africa. As I have learned through travel to 107 countries around the world Lonely Planet is never wrong and they certainly were not wrong in their recommendation of Le Must River Residence. The room I stayed in (Room 6) was immaculate and very comfortable. "My" bed was one of the most comfortable I slept on during five weeks in South Africa. Breakfast each morning was superb and cooked to perfection. You will probably enjoy the bountiful fresh fruit and home made Museil as much as I did. The Gueshouse is located on the north bank of the Orange River and its garden is filled with bird life. Birders will be happy to know that a pair of African Scops-Owls nests in one of the gigantic trees in the garden. You should be able to at least hear them calling from late afternoon onward. Dirkje the owner is a wealth of information on things to see and places to visit and restaurants to frequent while in Upington. She seems to especially enjoy Namibia and you will find her a wealth of information on that nearby country. All in all I was extremely pleased with my stay at Le Must and would return here without hesitation if I was ever lucky enough to be in this part of South Africa again. Give it a try. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask Dirkje for directions on finding the Guesthouse when you make your reservation. Its tucked away...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Le Must River Residence? Share your experiences!