“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Guesthouse 4 Carrington

Guesthouse 4 Carrington
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kimberley
Guesthouse 4 Carrington
You added Guesthouse 4 Carrington to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   4 Carrington Road, Kimberley, South Africa   |
Ranked #7 of 52 Kimberley B&B and Inns
Pretoria, South Africa
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

I travelled to Kimberley on short notice and Marina at Guesthouse 4 Carrington had no problem accommodation me. I stayed in a big room that walks out on the garden. It was lovely. I was spoiled with an excellent omelette every morning. Delicious. Really a nice place in a good location.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hosts, Chantel and Morné, were very friendly and helpful. Homemade meals prepared by Chantel were lovingly prepared and delicious! Morné entertained us in the evenings with some great stories and recommendations on what to see and visit in the area. Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed December 2013
Hampshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed in the lovely colonial bungalow in February. The guest house is immaculately clean and beautifully maintained as has been said before. Whilst we were staying my partner had an accident with the car and was very sick. Marina was so kind in arranging a new car for us and ringing the police. She also administered the magic "coca cola" which settled his digestive system and set him on the road to recovery. The next day she made sure we got another car to continue our journey. If I could give 4 Carrington 6 stars I would. Thank you Marina.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious and airy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our family stayed in 4 carrington on route to Cape Town during a recent holiday in South Africa this lovely old home has been restored to its former glory but has all the modern features to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Bedrooms were spacious and well kept and the kids loved being able to jump into the swimming pool at the end of a long days drive.
Can't fault this place at all and would have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pretoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I spent a lot of time on the Web trying to find a place to stay in Kimberley over the Easter weekend and thanks to a couple of great reviews on Tripadvisor I found this bed and breakfast establishment. It is an absolutely wonderful place to stay - spotlessly clean, very spacious rooms and bathrooms and to top it all run by very friendly helpful people. All the rooms are different and have beautiful wooden floors, sparkling white linen and they have some lovely antique pieces. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay in this B&B. Congrats to the owners for running such a wonderful place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here in Kimberley on my trip to Durban with my mom. We read the previous review and booked. The guesthouse was spacious and comfortable, although if staying here remember to pack face cloths and normal hotel amenties if more then one guest, there was not enough for two of us. I was a little dissapointed as from following the one review here on tripadvisor it stated there was wifi internet access which it did not have. Marina was a perfect host and ever so friendly. The breakfast was very good considering she was nervous to make breakfast for me as I am a chef. She did very well and it was YUMMY. A good relaxing guesthouse in a nice part of Kimberley at a good price. The pool area is well kept and very clean and refreshing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

When I needed to find accommodation in Kimberley recently, I was surprised at the somewhat limited selection on Tripadvisor (I am a TA devotee!). Perforce, I had to do my own research, and based almost solely on photographs from other sites and on the location of the establishment(we know Kimberley fairly well), I chose Guesthouse4Carrington. We had such a great stay here that I wanted to share it with other TA fans. This B&B is in one of KImberley's older houses, which has been beautifully restored. The booking process was painless and the
quote for a double room B&B was extremely competitive. Our hostess, Marina, was unobtrusively gracious, our room was elegant and our enormous bathroom boasted a beautiful free-standing bath, generous shower and all the usual toiletries. A tea/coffee tray as well as a small fridge with fresh milk and iced water was at hand.Wi-Fi is also an added bonus.Breakfast was tastefully presented (fruit platter, cereal, yogurt followed by the full English and muffins). My quirky order of one soft poached egg was perfectly served. We were attending a wedding and I asked to borrow an iron to press my travel-creased clothes. Marina insisted on ironing my things herself. (I don't think that laundry is part of their normal service!) The rooms , I think, are air-conditioned and the beautiful garden boasts a pool.
I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough. We shall certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Guesthouse 4 Carrington? Share your experiences!