1. The staff are friendly
2. rooms were neat, clean and I thought cozy.
1. Old TV with just SABC 1,2,3 and e-tv (Gasps)
2. Wooden floor next to hallway (Room 110), if someone walked past the room it felt like someone walking inside the room (yes its that bad).
3. Parking arrangements, it is behind the hotel but you do not have a remote and the gate must be opened manually by the porter. Sooooo every time you come back to the hotel, first stop infront of the hotel, run in and ask someone to open then drive around the building and park.
4. Breakfast consisted of toast, mince, fried eggs (pre cooked, no choice) and corn and some canned fruit and yogurt. I ate breakfast at 7:30 am, alone and 3 staff members watching me.
5. almost centre of town but it alost feels like its bordering the industrial area, no restaurants in immediate area.
crux, will I stay there again? I doubt it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1892, the Savoy Hotel and Conference Centre is centrally situated in the heart of Kimberley, approximately 50 m from the Town Hall. The Savoy is one of Kimberley’s oldest and most enchanting hotels and has lived through the diamond heydays.RoomsThe hotel has 45 spacious bedrooms and suites that can accommodate up to 119 guests. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioners, TV, Radio, tea & coffee facilities and en suite bathroom with either bath and/ or shower.Room types • Single Rooms (6)• Double Rooms (14)• Twin Rooms (14)• Triple Rooms (3)• Family Rooms (6)• Suites (2) DiningThe upmarket Tiffany’s Restaurant and the old style Tiffany’s Bar cater for all your dining and entertainment requirements. For meetings, conferences or events enjoy the service of Savoy Conference Centre.Savoy HotelsThe Savoy Hotel Kimberley is part of Savoy Hotels, a South African hotel group focusing on the African continent with properties in South Africa, Sierra Leone & Tanzania/ Zanzibar. Facilities and Services• Wireless Internet• 24 hour Reception• Major credit cards accepted• Disabled friendly facilities• Laundry Service• Restaurant• Room service until 22h00• Jazz Bar• Conference Centre & Event planningPlaces of Interest in & around Kimberley• The Big Hole (approx. 1km from Hotel)• William Humphrey Art Gallery• Ghost Tour• Duncan Cronin Gallery• Wildebest Kuil Rock Art Centre• Mokala National Park (75 km)Location19 De Beers Road, Kimberley CBD(approx. 50m from Town Hall).Within walking distance to most historical landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Savoy Hotel and Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.