Stayed 3 nights over Xmas.
Excellent location for Kruger - right by the gate. However do not book game drives via the hotel as they charge 300 Rand per drive and if you book at the gate itself with SANParks there is no charge (by phone or in person) either way you still have to pay directly at the gate!
Worth a trip to see Blyde Canyon while you're here - about an hours drive.
Excellent pool and viewing area and you can hear but not quite see the hippo. You will certainly see the monkies.
Food was buffet in a Boma style and would have got boring if we stayed any longer.
For some reason we seemed to be the only people celebrating Xmas day - felt strange but shows how commecial it has become in the west!
- Also Known As:
- Protea Kruger Gate Hotel Skukuza
- Protea Kruger Gate Skukuza
- Protea Kruger Gate Hotel
- Protea Kruger Gate
- Kruger Gate Hotel
- Protea Hotel Kruger Gate South Africa/Skukuza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel Kruger Gate - Where the bushveld is your playground, no matter your age! Protea Hotel Kruger Gate, a superior lodge style hotel on the banks of the Sabie River in Mpumalanga offers an affordable luxury getaway. The ambiance of comfort is unforgettable in the context of the African bush. Enjoy the serenity of being in a tree house that overlooks the bushveld, whilst you watch the wildlife go by. Keep your head in the clouds as the veranda and walkway to your air-conditioned room is at a level normally the sole domain of the variety of birds found in the area. Situated only 100 meters from the Paul Kruger Gate of the Kruger National Park, the luxurious Protea Hotel Kruger Gate provides guests with the ideal location from which to experience wildlife first-hand. This lodge offers bush drives in a Private Reserve and throughout the Kruger National Park, along with open vehicle safaris and organized game trails for you and your family. Don’t forget your binoculars in this birdwatchers paradise. A days adventure is best ended off with a visit to the stunning open air Lapa Restaurant. With an extensive array of local foods to choose from, enjoy a dinner under the African stars. We can even make special arrangements for a Tree house sleep out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Protea Hotel Kruger Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.