Upon arrival at the gates we were met by friendly staff who already made us feel welcomed. Check-in was quick and my daughter was treated to a little gift, just enough to liven her up after a long drive from Pretoria. The whole treehouse effect is really wonderful especially for the kind of holiday that we were there for. Very unique concept.
Rooms were spacious with a sleeper couch for my daughter prepared in the room. There are also tea/coffee making facilities in the room which is a double plus incl a mini-bar fridge.
The proximity to the Paul Kruger Gate is another HUGE plus point especially if you want to do a drive during the early morning, you can come back to the hotel to freshen up. You'd have to ask the people at the gates to stamp a re-entry onto your slip/ticket, so that should you wish to return later in the afternoon, you don't have to pay again.
Spent 2 nights there and would definitely recommend it to others as well especially if you're not staying within the park. There's a viewing deck from where you can view the animals coming to drink water from the Sabie River in the evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel Kruger Gate - Where the bushveld is your playground, no matter your age! Protea Hotel Kruger Gate, a superior lodge style hotel on the banks of the Sabie River in Mpumalanga offers an affordable luxury getaway. The ambiance of comfort is unforgettable in the context of the African bush. Enjoy the serenity of being in a tree house that overlooks the bushveld, whilst you watch the wildlife go by. Keep your head in the clouds as the veranda and walkway to your air-conditioned room is at a level normally the sole domain of the variety of birds found in the area. Situated only 100 meters from the Paul Kruger Gate of the Kruger National Park, the luxurious Protea Hotel Kruger Gate provides guests with the ideal location from which to experience wildlife first-hand. This lodge offers bush drives in a Private Reserve and throughout the Kruger National Park, along with open vehicle safaris and organized game trails for you and your family. Don’t forget your binoculars in this birdwatchers paradise. A days adventure is best ended off with a visit to the stunning open air Lapa Restaurant. With an extensive array of local foods to choose from, enjoy a dinner under the African stars. We can even make special arrangements for a Tree house sleep out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Protea Hotel Kruger Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Kruger Gate Hotel Skukuza
- Protea Kruger Gate Skukuza
- Kruger Gate Hotel
- Protea Hotel Kruger Gate South Africa/Skukuza