“Peaceful and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Matumi Golf Lodge

Matumi Golf Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nelspruit
Matumi Golf Lodge
You added Matumi Golf Lodge to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Guest house   |   52 Singa Drive | Matumi Golf Estate, Nelspruit, South Africa   |
Ranked #19 of 48 Nelspruit B&B and Inns
Middelburg, Mpumalanga, South Africa
“Peaceful and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The rooms are lovely, spacious and clean with all the necessary amenities . Very suitable work environment with ample lighting. The lodge is very peaceful, quiet and safe with lovely view - a real home-from-home. The breakfast is lovely and stylishly served.

After checking out on the 2nd day I realised that I would need to extend my stay for an extra night and at short notice (after hours) Marli went out of her way to arrange this together with an early breakfast. My thanks to all the staff who ensured that my stay was perfect. .

I highly recommend the lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms 4, 6 and 7 face the golf course with rooms 6 and 7 having a verandah. Rooms 3 to 7 are upstair...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this lodge for a weekend in November 2012. Everything was perfect. I would recommend it to anyone. Very clean, great area, lovely rooms. you feel so at home..very relaxed view. The receptionist was friendly and very helpful. Thank you Matumi for a great service..We will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm sure the experiance at Matumi lodge is good but the attitude I got from the owner was appauling. I booked through Groupon and cancelled 3 weeks in advance, initially I was told I will get a refund from Groupon even though Matumi had already remeeded the voucher from Groupon. After about 3 weeks they tell me they will refund me by the 14th of October which obviously didn't happen. I kept calling them and they kept promising to call mee back which they never did, today the woman who says she's the owner there screamed at me when I asked when can I expect my money back and told me they will not refund me and then hung up on me. Seriously??????

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sandton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

My wife and I had to attend a wedding in Nelspruit on the10th of September 2011 and we somewhat apprehensive about our accomodation. Nevertheless we went ahead and booked at Matumi Golf Lodge. In hindsight this was an excellent choice. The Lodge is filled with all the amenities that you require and breakfast was served in style. Our stay was epitomized by the warm and friendly service received from Yolandi, George and the rest of team. We had picked up a puncture and due to it being a Sunday could not immediately source a Run Flat Tyre. Yolandi went the extra mile to assist us and further extended her hospitality to my parents who attended the wedding and were booked in at the Lodge. I definitely will return to Matumi Golf Lodge and recommend this to all my fellow South African and International travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

we have spend 2 nights at the matumi lodge, both nights we have stayed in, and had 5star dinners, the breakfast was an exsperience on its on, fresh baked bread, stunning fruits! The rooms felt like heaven, crisp white linnen, all the attention to detail, bran rusks with cofffe/tea. modern but warm. service excellent, friendly staff!! we'll never drive past this lodge again on our way to the Kruger!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GAUTENG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The personal attention from the owners, Yolandi and George. The breakfast buffet was excellent.

Room Tip: Room 6 is spacious,with a lovely view!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Centurion, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

Our family has stayed at Matumi Golf Lodge in Nelspruit 4 times in the past year. From the moment you drive through the security gates of the golf estate into the beautiful tropical gardens you start relaxing. The views over the golf course are wonderful especially from the beautifully furnished rooms. Everything about the lodge is perfect - the lovely pool and loungers, the dining area under the veranda, the rooms and the gardens. Yolandi and her husband have managed to strike the perfect balance between being genuinely friendly hosts without imposing on your privacy in any way. Thanks to Yolandi, the children feel extra special especially at breakfast and with special turndown treats. The staff is always friendly and courteous. We can’t wait for our next visit. If you are in the area, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Matumi Golf Lodge? Share your experiences!