“Great Place To Stay !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leaves Lodge & Spa

You added Leaves Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Leaves Lodge & Spa
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Cnr Johanna & Halssnoer Cresent | Sonheuwel, Nelspruit 1200, South Africa   |
JHB
“Great Place To Stay !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

10/10 for staff, Lucy 100/10 well done. Our stay will be remembered for all the good reasons. Spacious rooms and the boutique hotel are situated on a prime spot, a real gem in the lowveld.
This was our 3d visit and definitely not our last. Well done guys hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: rooms on upper level - great view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

So me and my fiance desided on getting out of the Big City Life and drive down to the Lowveld for a relaxing holiday. We found a place called Leaves Lodge & Spa situated in Nelspruit that received us with a friendly warm Welcome!! The place was excellent!! Although being situated in Nelspruit, it does not feel like you are close to the City life!!
The week we stayed there was great, the rooms was warm and relaxing and also the food was great!!
I want to thank Thys and his staff for the the week that we where there and you will definitely see us again!!

Room Tip: Have a look at the Presidential Rooms or the Superior Rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The staff are friendly, especially Lucy. The rooms are good, nothing too special. Food is below average. Not exactly value for money, but not too overpriced. Low water pressure in the showers. I'm not sure how this is a 5 star establishment... it's probably 4 stars at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

i have stayed twice this year already, for business, the staff are super friendly and very helpful, the rooms are perfect, the whole experience is great, i would recommend this place for business and personal travel, the setting is beautiful, makes you feel as though you aren't in the city at all.
i go to Nelspruit every 5 weeks, and will use this place often..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This guesthouse is stunning! I was so impressed when I walked into the front door, the interior, the views, the sound of the river. My room was lovely and spacious. I even had undercover parking. Service was extremely professional. I also had a quick back and neck massage before dinner - just what I needed in my high stresses lifestyle. I found the dinner tray, which was served in the room, ideal as I was tired and not in the mood for small talk with strangers. The food was of good quality and very tasty. I can highly recommend this guesthouse for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Farnham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We checked in and were told that we could upgrade and were shown the room that we booked which was surrounded by builders, scaffolding and noise, so we upgraded. Later I thought that perhaps we should have been upgraded without additional cost, because of the disruption of the building work, but by then it was too late. The room was lovely, the views stunning, and Lucy was a sweetheart. We had a birthday whilst we were there, and although they did put flowers and champagne in the room, we paid for it all, no additional gestures. We had dinner on the first night, which was tasty, but served in the room, not in the dining room, not our choice but theirs. The garden was a disappointment, as was the pool, which looked rather neglected. Overall, it was convenient as a stop off en route to Kruger but a little disappointing in spite of Lucy's best efforts. The owner never spoke to us during our stay, not even to say hello!

Room Tip: Beware of building work and having to upgrade to avoid it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was a little leery at first when the car pulled up to the property. It is in a residential area, and it looked like a house. Well, it IS a house!!! Be warned: there is no elevator. You enter into this wide open area and see a sunken "living room" with a piano in front of you and then an area with tables to to left. The view out the veranda is so peaceful. The owner(s) were not there and the help did not understand English very well, but that did not stop them from being very helpful...
I asked about the pool and hot tub and was taken via a rock-type stairs (be careful!!) down to the pool area and saw the vacuum in the pool and inquired if I could use, and the escort nodded "yes". It took several tries to get my point across about the cleaning stuff being in the pool, and finally I deduced that because it was still "Winter" the pool must be closed. So, depending on when you go (remember the seasons are opposite to ours here in the US), you may not get the pool! I had business appointments that lasted longer than expected, way after DINNER was scheduled, and when I returned, I thought I would have to starve, because I did not have any snacks. Instead, sitting on top the microwave in my room was a lovely tray with food.
Breakfast was also wonderful. Make sure you take your electrical converter, because one could not be found for me. I had one, but wanted an extra to plug in other electrical devices, and that was not available. I did not have time to take advantage of the spa packages, so I cannot comment on those. However, I did place an inquiry as to how long certain packages would take, and received a prompt reply (they had to call the therapist, and she called back).
So if you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, where you will have to lug your luggage, this is the place!

Room Tip: If you don't want to lug your luggage, see it you can get a room on the entrance floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Leaves Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!