“Enjoyable meal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Malelane
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Named after the first warden of the Kruger Natioal Park Sir James Stevenson Hamilton. Hamiltons offers a Relaxed atmosphere with a colonial touch. Open from 9am offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week. The ala cart menu is sesonal, with options from home made Pasta, Bunny Chow and Burger through to deboned Chicken, well matured Sirlon and Prawns. To compliment the menu there is an extensive Wine list.Hamiltons is available for functions and does outside catering, to avoid disapointment it is advisable to make a reservation.We look forward to seeing you.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I ate here 1 night after spending the day at Kruger Park.
Its situated just outside Malelane gate.
The service was very good and matched by the food.
There were a lot of locals here who seemed to be moaning about nothing.
Perhaps they should try living in a shanty town in this country and then they would count their blessings
Will return when next in the area

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
trevor T, Owner at Hamiltons, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
thank you so much for coming to Hamilton's, we look forward to seeing you again.

Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Open on Sunday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Fairly good restaurant with Italian oriented kitchen. Good quality.

One of the few good restaurants open on Sunday's.

Visited June 2014
trevor T, Owner at Hamiltons, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
thank you for visiting us! we really appreciate your support!
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Not how I remembered it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Maybe we came on a bad night but Hamiltons wasn't the restaurant I remember from 2007-2009. The food was still good but the service on that night was absolutely horrendous. I brought my lady along for her birthday dinner and was disappointed overall.

The waiter was scarce and mostly unavailable, despite my constant motioning to him. I had to ask him to light our candle 3 times because he kept forgetting the lighter. When we ordered our food he got the pizza ingredients wrong and served me a pizza with chicken livers instead of chicken and then to top it all off he tried to charge me for the incorrect ingredient even though I had told him that I would accept the pizza but didn't want to be charged for the livers.

On the plus side the food was still great and the low-lit ambience is wonderful for romantic occasions. This is a good example of how bad service can spoil an otherwise good restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
White River, South Africa
“First and the last time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Two out the three dishes were awful.
I ordered the line fish and after 30 min I was told that that the kingklip was not too fresh and I should choose between sole or tuna.
When it eventually arrived the sole smelled and tasted strange. I left the dish & told the waiter about it but we still had to pay for it. The other bad dish was a caprese salad & the mozzarella had long passed its best..

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had 2 meals at Hamiltons during our stay and on both occasions the food was great... the service however was erratic, if pleasantly so. Can recommend the peri peri chicken and Hamiltons salad, and the homemade pizzas were also good.