“Beautiful mountain and canyon views!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 36 Attractions in Mpumalanga
Type: Observation Decks/ Towers, Landmarks
Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful mountain and canyon views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I loved the views of God's window. The landscape has a lot to offer. I disagree with the reviewer who said the path is wheelchair friendly. I brought my 73 year old father and there are sections that are quite steep and areas that drop off the mountainside without being gated off. My mother who uses a cane did not want to go with us. It was too rocky and steep, which is expected for a mountainous area in the forest. That being aside it was a great time and I highly recommend it.

Visited May 2012

Johannesburg, South Africa
41 attraction reviews
“Awesomely Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Absolutely fantastic views. Good paved walkways,wheelchair friendly. Numerous staggered watshpoints so if you were crowded ,several others to view from. Rain Forest an added bonus with more spectacular views,however,only one watchpoint! Anyone visiting God's window,make the effort to go up rain forest,well worth it. Dirt cheap R5.00 per car!

Visited March 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
9 attraction reviews
“Choose your visit times wisely”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I certainly can't blame the attraction for the fact that it happened to be a clear day on the Easter weekend but the end result was crowds and a generally noisy, cramped view of the scenery.

I am afraid we didn't even make it to the very top (although I have been to the top previously) as every stop on the way consisted of loud, pushy people shoving their way to the front of the viewing platform. Not the best way to appreciate the panoramic views.

So while the scenery is worth a visit, I would caution fellow travellers to choose their times wisely to ensure that they aren't disappointed. Alternatively, just drive those roads in the general area; the views from the road are often just as spectacular as those I have seen from God's window.

Visited April 2013
Singapore, Singapore
37 attraction reviews
“Sorry, but I can't appreciate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

consider me an active person. And I can't appreciate what is described as beautiful scenery.

After the window, there is this uphill trek to tropical rainforest. Well, if you have not been to a tropical rainforest, this is just a very, very, very mild taster of a tropical rainforest trek. Good for the locals to come for their weekly treks, me think.

So after, poor reviews of 3 rondavels, Bourke's potholes and God's window, we decided to give the pinnacle a miss. no regrets as our next destination was Kruger park.

Visited November 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
“Nice views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice views but nothing that special. I couldn't see why this place have been given this name as I am sure there are much better views elsewhere.

Visited November 2012