“Desert Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Havasu City

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Alta Loma, CA
“Desert Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Lake Havasu City is the perfect desert getaway to retreat away from the everyday hustle and to relax and enjoy the sun and water with family and friends. Lake Havasu is a great spot for boaters and visiting tourists. Whether you just want to spend quality time on the water by wakeboarding, boating and lounging or if you are coming through to go sightseeing to see the London Village that is the home of the London Bridge, you will be in for a very special treat!

herts,uk
“too hot and too dry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

visited in late september and found the heat overpowering even in the evening. walking around the featured London Bridge area there were too few bars and restaurants and with that heat you don't want to walk too far looking. one night there was enough - no it was too much. the only people I saw enjoying themselves were either swimming or standing up to their necks in the lake next to their boat.

Peoria, AZ and Lake Havasu City, AZ
“Dull, Boring, Nothing to do if you don't Boat or Golf !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

Unfortunately, my husband is stuck working (transfer) here although we have a home in the Phoenix-area, too. I join him up here when I can, and this summer (2009) I was here for most of it. I'm back visiting when he can't manage to get away to come back to the Phoenix valley.

I looked up activities to do in the Lake Havasu City phone book, and the only thing there were 7 different churches listed! I asked people everywhere what there was to do, and they mostly said, "golf", "watersports", or "drinking." How saddddddddddddddddd!!

All I can say is it's the most BORING town I've ever visited. No where to eat, shop, activities, crafts, cultural activities, theaters!! And from Sept 2008--thru Dec 2009, I've seen more and more empty buildings & worn-out stores. It's creepy & dirty.....can't wait for my hubby to retire so we can go BACK to civilization.

P.S. I didn't just look in the yellow pages for things to do....I checked with realtors & doctors. Got no ideas from any of them either.

Ontario, Canada
“My favourite place in Arizona.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

Lake Havasu City, Arizona: Nov. 5, 2009

This is a wonderful spot to spend time in the winter months. Obviously, very busy with the boaters in the summer, it is "winter visitor" time during the colder months. We have travelled to Lake Havasu for Feb. and March for several years. The temps are great in the 70's,80's with bright blue skies. Very young, active seniors in the area at this time of year. Many festivals, classic car shows etc. to keep you moving about. Beautiful walking trails both in the city and on the island. Home of the famous London Bridge. Shopping is great also. Havasu is only a 1 hr. drive to Laughlin on the Colorado River, and 21/2 hr. drive to Las Vegas. Can't beat that. We always feel very welcome here and the community is friendly to all visitors. Love it.
luv2cruise Ontario.

Pacific Ocean
“Why would you vacation in 111 degree heat?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

Lake Havasu City is hot beyond description. It is full of tacky houses, fast food restaurants and not much else. Although the Lake is lovely, the town surrounding it appears to have been built with little thought.

And did I mention that it is the hottest place I have ever been?

The London Bridge is just silly and not worth even getting off the main road for.

Skip it.

Been to Lake Havasu City? Share your experiences!