“This place is a rip off.” 2 of 5 stars

The Nautical Beachfront Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 McCulloch Blvd. N, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403   |
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“This place is a rip off.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We checked in on a Wednesday to take advantage of the warm weather. Outside the hotel looks nice. View is nice but as soon as we got to our $ 170.00 room it was horrible. Seems like we were in a motel 6. It was dirty, smelly, and old. the door barely locks. Bathroom door does not lock. I have pictures so you be the judge. $170.00 I figured a decent room but it was bad. Everything else was good the pool the lake was nice.

• Stayed April 2014
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear pyur

Thank you for your review. I see that you reserved a bay room in our cove area; we are currently working with a designer to start the planning stages of remolding these rooms. I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of Havasu’s warm weather it sounds like you got to enjoy our pool area and the lake; hope you were able to also visit the Turtle Grille and the Beach Bar during your stay. Would love for you to stay with us again during your next trip to Lake Havasu; feel free to contact me jenniferb@thenautical.net.

Jennifer Baker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We drove 10 hours to enjoy a nice family vacation at the Nautical only to have someone elses family reunion of about 200-300 people put up 10-12 tents and loud music for our entire stay. The rooms were okay, we had a blood stain on our bed sheets that we didn't notice till the second day and front door to our room required we fiddle with it and slam it shut to get it to stay closed. Our principal complaint is that if your going to schedule such a large event you should make other accommodations for your paying quest, they had kids on scooters until midnight. We made sure that our stay did not coincide with the college spring breakers so that we could enjoy the resort but instead we had to sit on our balcony and listen to loud Israeli music. We left early - Room 540 15 April -20 April 2014

Room Tip: I'm not sure I would recommend this place unless you're coming to get drunk and don't ca...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Raphael A

Thank you for your review, we take all our reviews and use them as training tools for our day to day operation. Our laundry department and housekeeping attendants pay close attention to all stains in the linen and I apologize that a stain was missed. The family reunion that you referred to in your review was not organized by The Nautical. These guests happen to reserve on their own throughout the property utilizing all of the resort and our various room types. WE hope that you give us a second try; would love to talk more with feel free to email me at jenniferb@thenautical.net.

Yours Truly

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

The exterior has a bit of a dates look; however our room was clean and roomy and had a great view of the lake. We parked our JetSki on the shore just a few feet from our room. Private on site boat launch was very convenient too.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear mwkbrown

Thank you for the review! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room was spacious and provided you with a great view of the lake. Yes being a beachfront resort it’s very convenient for any boaters to anchor off right on our shore line and no waiting in long lines at the launch ramp as we have a private one just for resort guest. See you again this summer.

Yours Truly

Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stay at the Nautical every time I visit Havasu, which is about 5 times a year during the summer months . Not only is it the best location ( pretty much on the water) in Havasu but Management & customer service are top notch!! I usually deal with Jennifer or John when booking my stays, they go above & beyond to make sure a have a great experience on every visit!! My last visit I was helped by Shannon at the front desk & she was also great. Best place to stay in Havasu!!

Room Tip: I like staying in the cove rooms, but the beach rooms are great too.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ryan M

Thank you for such a great review!!!! It’s our pleasure to make sure you have the best experience in Lake Havasu while staying at The Nautical. Looking forward to your next visit...

All the best

Jennifer Baker and The Nautical Crew!!!!
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nautical Beachfront Resort is now my new favorite place to stay when visiting Lake Havasu. My family and I had the BEST time. With the easy docking of our boat with their private launch ramp and nice beach area for our boat to be beach, made out days there easy. The pool and the pool bar was a relaxing vibe, we really enjoyed our pool days there too. But what I really have to talk about is the AMAZING views from our room and how much space the room was. It fit our family of 5 perfectly!! The beds were very comfortable and we loved that we were able to beach our boat, watch the boat from our room while our kids played right in the front of our room. And lastly the FOOD!!! WOW! Great menu for the kids and also for us grown ups!! The portions were huge and the prices where AWESOME!!! Best family vacation ever. We love this resort!! Can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
thenautical, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear JMatthews300

Thank you for the great review, so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay/vacation with The Nautical. You are so right having the private launch ramp for guest only and the ability to beach your boat in front of your room make mini vacations for convenient you don’t have to wait in a long line to launch or have to pull the boat out of the water each night.

The pool area is a nice place to relax and enjoy the great view; and yes we do have AMAZING views from the resort either in your room, the pool area or at The Turtle Grille.

The Turtle Grille has recently changed the menu and it’s receiving great reviews I would recommend the grilled chicken caprese sandwich or the Mojave desert chop salad…

Looking forward to your return stay…

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We booked 2 nights in DeLux King. On arrival we were shown to a "broken down" minimalist room, no chair, no table, dirty, and on and on............ I was shocked and disappointed to say the least. The staff did what they could and said they would move us the next day, but we had to stay overnight. In fact they did move us to a VERY nice room the next day, but that made only 50% of our visit enjoyable... the other 50% was a total let down. We were told that the block of room were were first given were scheduled for renovation, but my only comment is that nothing in that block should be rented at any price !! Well, maybe a bunch of teen age boaters might not have a problem ?????

Room Tip: Call first and maybe get a guarantee of what you will get when you get there, else be prepared to be...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Len C

Thank you for the review!!! I apologize that the room you received at check in was not what you had anticipated but I’m glad that the staff was able to accommodate you the following day. We are in the process of doing some renovations to the rooms I would love for you to give us a second chance.

During your stay Lake Havasu was the host for spring break so we did have a lot of college students in town and at the resort.

WE our a destination resort, with that said we can accommodate the leisure travelers, boaters, group guest, and corporate travelers.

Would love to talk more with you about your stay please feel free to email me jenniferb@thenautical.net

Yours truly,

Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I just visited Lake Havasu for the first time. We stayed 4 days. When I booked the room at Nautical Beachfront, I selected a King Suite "with fully equipped kitchenette, dinette set for 2, private patio". We got none of those things. It was a standard, shabby hotel room with a mini-fridge and microwave.

At check-in there was no one at the desk. We waited 10 minutes for someone. This was at 4:45pm.

The toilet kept "running". We reported it and a teenager came to jiggle the handle. The toilet continued to "run" the rest of the stay. The coffee table was broken. The sheer curtains had 2 large holes in them. The advertised Private Patio, was a space big enough for 2 chairs on the sidewalk in front of our 1st floor door. Except there were no chairs. Neighboring guests had grabbed about a dozen chairs for their "patio".

We had dinner in the Turtle Grille restaurant. The food was comparable to Applebee's but the entrees cost $28-$36. After dinner we walked down to the outdoor bar for a drink. It was 7:45pm and the bartender said she had already made "last call". I remarked at the early time and she said "it just depends how busy we are--there's hardly anyone here tonight" (it was a Thursday in April).

At the time of booking, the website had "pop-ups" telling me to hurry--only 5 rooms left--yet the hotel was not even half full our entire stay.

We had reserved a rental pontoon boat for a day. We arose early to make a full day on the lake, but the rental office was closed until 9:30. We remarked at the late opening time and our experience in the bar the night before. The rental clerk made a similar comment--"it just depends how busy we are, sometimes we open at 8:30."

This shabby hotel caters to young people jambing many guests into one room and "partying" the night away.

I do not recommend it for adults, or anyone who expects amenities when traveling.

Another caution--they tack on a $20/day Resort Fee for use of the pool and 2 bags of ice per day.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Shawn C

It was such a pleasure talking with you, as I explained over the phone we take all reviews very serious and use them as training tools for the staff so once again thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments on your recent visit. You did in fact reserve one of our beach suites with a king size bed, the room has a separate sitting area with a couch that is a sofa bed sleeper and has a full fridge, microwave and coffee maker, the room is located on the lower level with a patio area that walks right out to the beach. My apologize that there was not a front desk agent there to greet you upon your arrival, our agents do multiple functions at the desk at times (getting ice for guest, grabbing pool towels for guest or sometimes assisting other guest with their reservations).

AS I mentioned we use all reviews as training tools for the staff please know that the problems you mentioned with your room have been addresses. I know you mentioned the website stated that we have private patio areas we our a beach front resort all lower level units have a patio area that is opened so you have the convenience of being able to walk right out to the beach area and enjoy the great views.

The resort does have three different outlets on site, The Turtle Beach Bar, The Turtle Grille and the Wet Pool bar it should have been explained to you the beach bar was closing however you can go and enjoy a drink at the Wet pool bar or at the upstairs dining area The Turtle Grille as I mentioned your comments have been shared with the staff for training purposes.

I did mention to you that the boat rental company is under different ownership and that they lease the space from the resort; however it still doesn't make it right that the store did not open at the time it had publish I have passed on your comments to the store manager for review as a partner with The Nautical I can assure you that this will be addresses with all the staff at the sports center.

During your visit we did have spring break going on at the resort, I would recommend a visit during the fall the weather is perfect and the water is still warm enough to go swimming.

The resort fee is mentioned on the website under the room's description it's also on the registration card that you sign upon arrival. The daily resort fee does offer more than access to the pool area and two bags of ice: *Our daily resort fee of $19.95 includes each day: access to our boat launch ramp, 2 bags of ice, ½ hour use of Kid Zone Water Park (May-Labor Day), access to infinity-edge pool Wet, internet service, local and domestic long distance calls, and two rounds of golf without a golf cart.

Thank you again for the review and sharing your stay experience; I'm glad that you will be givi9ng us a second chance. Looking forward to your return visit.

Jennifer Baker

Been to The Nautical Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!