“Thanksgiving Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 24 hotels in Lake Havasu City
Marana, Arizona, United States
“Thanksgiving Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent 3 nights and 4 days at the Nautical Beachfront Resort over the Thanksgiving weekend. We were in the Point Suites as we had our 10 1/2 lb Bichon Frise along with us. The rooms were very nicely decorated and had just recently been redone. It was 475 sq ft and just like having a small apartment. It even had 2 flat screen TVs which was great as my husband and I do not watch the same things. The balcony had the most beautiful views especially the sunrises and the sunsets! The restaurant Turtle Grill had very good food. The Thanksgiving dinner was great and more than plenty to eat as we had to take a to-go box. Loved the fried steak and egg breakfast and my husband truly enjoyed his western omelet and our dog enjoyed her side of bacon we ordered for her. They had a nice golf course, marina, large outdoor pool, general store and a restaurant and bar right on the premises. Everything you need all in one place. We also enjoyed going to the London Bridge and all the shops along the waterfront. We would definitely go back. We took some beautiful pictures so we can always remember the "Nautical Beachfront Resort"!

Room Tip: Point suites are an excellent choice and dogs are accepted. It was like having a small apartment.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
thenautical, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hi Paula

Thank you for the great review; I'm glad that we were able to make your stay and Thanksgiving holiday an unforgettable one. The Turtle does have a good chicken fried steak, I'm glad to hear that the western omelet was good and that your bichon frise also enjoyed her bacon. We would love for you to share your pictures. WE look forward to your return visit to the Nautical and Lake Havasu City.

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Harrison Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I spent 3 nights at the Nautical while in town for a memorial service. I'm glad I chose this hotel as sometimes choosing a hotel from the internet can be disappointing. The resort and views of the lake and mountains are absolutely gorgeous. The staff was helpful and friendly. I was upgraded to a larger room which was a nice surprise. If I'm ever back in Havasu, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hello Pat

Glad to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. The views from our rooms are amazing; especially the sunrises and the sunsets. It's so nice to hear that my staff was able to upgrade you and provide you with such welcoming service. WE look forward to your return visit.

Thank you again for the great review.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My boyfriend woke up on a Sat. morning and said "Lets go somewhere" so we decided on Lake Havasu City since it's an easy, couple hours drive from Vegas. Even though it's the "Off Season" we had a great time (Veteran's Day Wkd.). The room we had was on the 2nd floor and overlooked the private beach in which the view was stunning, with all of the palm trees around I felt like we were in the tropics. We strolled around the property checking things out. The infinity pool is a nice touch. This place looks like it would really be a "hopping" place to be in the summer and we'll definitely go back then. The one to keep in mind is bring your own soap as there was none to be found on site...

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the water and a higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
thenautical, Front Office Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello Melissa

Thank you for the "GREAT" review. Thanks for staying at The Nautical during your visit to Lake Havasu; your right the palm trees and the beachfront location do make you feel like you're in the tropics and yes during the spring and summer time the resort is hopping with our pool parties at "WET". On behalf of the team at The Nautical we look forward to your return visit.

Thanks again for the review

Hagersville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The rooms need upgrading but the beds were comfortable. The pool was freezing but I understand they are getting a pool. View was good. We had a bayside room. Would recomend the 2nd level to have a good view. Not sure the resort view is worth it. Got free internet and 2 bags of ice for it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
thenautical, Guest Relations Manager at The Nautical Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hi DucknGail

Thanks for sharing your recent stay, I'm glad you enjoyed the view from your room and yes the pool is a bit chilly right know, but we should have the pool heater installed soon. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Petersburg, Alaska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here for a quick side trip from Vegas with my boyfriend and his parents. The desk clerk was very friendly and even upgraded us at check in to a two queen with separate sitting room and pull out couch. My boyfriend and I liked this idea so we could have a separate room area from his parents.

The room we were told was recently remodeled, and it did smell of fresh paint. We had a balcony right on the beach with a great view. It seemed clean although upon pulling out the couch bed we noticed it had absolutely no bedding on it, no sheets, no extra pillows, nothing. I'm not sure if this is something you need to request this or what but the front desk clerk made a comment that the couch bed was comfortable, so it seems to me she suspected we may use it and should have said by the way there is no bedding lol. I don't know if the front desk girl has ever seen the mattress in the pull out couch, but there is no way it's comfortable. It's maybe three inches thing and is bent from being folded inside the couch, we simply took the mattress off the second queen and put it on top of this. The second room has no divider by the way. The bedroom just flows right into the living room, no door or anything. So if you're hoping for more privacy, it's not the case.

There were two large flat screens in our room which was nice, although on of them had a poor cable connections making the channels fuzzy. There is a resort fee here, I'm really not sure that it's worth it either. You get your own personalized internet password, which can only be logged onto by ONE device. So out of the four of us for our around 20 dollar a day resort fee only one of us could actually use the internet and even for that one person getting online proved to be difficult and you'd have to try multiple times. Not sure if this was just us.

If the weather is at all bad everything seems to shut down. Don't expect to rent a boat on a day that it's windy, but don't worry they are more than willing to rent you a kayak which didn't make much sense to me, but my boyfriend and I did it anyway.

This hotel all in all was good. The location make up for a lot of the other things. We were there in the off seasons so I'd imagine it's better other times of the year.

Hello AlaskaChik

Thanks for the review.

I'm glad to hear that my staff was able to upgrade you to one of our Cove suites at check in time, sorry to hear that the sofa sleeper was not made up for you and that one of the TV's in your room had a fuzzy connection. Our WIFI was just upgraded, solving some issues we had. Your correct November weather can become chilly and sometimes windy; I suggest trying a stay in October or April perfect boating weather if you don't like it too hot.

We look forward to your return visit.

Thanks,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had bookedthe hotel ahead of our first visit to America. The visit started with our daughters wedding in Las Vegas were we stay at the Venitcain after that we travelled to the Grand Caynon both hotel were exceptional. After following the route 66 we arrived at the next stage of our holiday, we were assured by our travel agent that the Nautical Inn would also be of good standard. We arrived and immediatly i felt uneasy, the begining was the poor welcoming from the reception staff. We went to view our room that was overlooking the bay. too find it was dirty, and then opening the door to the bacalony to find the table and chairs filthy and covered in bird dirt, the balconay floor had dryed blood on it and bird dirt. We went to complain and was offered a alternative room which was equally as dirty, the bedding was stained and when the bedding was turn back, the sheet appeared to have black grains on, possbile fleas. I was furious and this really spoilt our first visit to Havasu. My husband and i once again back to reception to complain and requested to speak to management, and was told there was noone available. We informed them that we would not be staying there and will be making a formal complaint to our agents, their response we will be talking to the house keeping. At no stage was there any apoligies and any response to the distress they had caused. We where left with no hotel to stay on Friday night at 7.00pm. Fortunatly our search found us theHeat hotel who went out their way to help us, and i have to say the accomadation and services was excellent. We have since received all our money back, that we had to pay out for another hotel. During our stay at Havasu we encountered others that had also had a bad experince at this hotel.

Room Tip: book the newly refurbished rooms/ corner suites
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jenniferdeakins,

I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had at our resort, I would like to just say this is not at all acceptable. I would like to discuss with you further, please email me at jenniferb@thenautical.net. Once again I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced these problem's while trying to stay at our resort.

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We switched our stay to the Nautical as a last minute decision. We were at a lesser quality hotel for the cheap price. Our family of 5 first came to the Nautical for lunch and we liked the atmosphere so much that I checked for availability on fri and sat nights. Fortunately there was a room available. Whew! We liked the better quality of people...families with expensive boats, good looking people, fun atmosphere, dj at the pool, dj at the sand bar, games at the pool, outdoor misters, etc. It was not a party atmosphere the weekend we stayed there in September.

The hotel has an older and newer section. The exterior colors and architecture are 70's..oh well. The interior of our room was nicely decorated and big enough for us to move around with comfort. Nice lake view from each window. We liked that it had an empty refrigerator, microwave. The bathroom was small. Did not have a make up mirror or sufficient lighting to do my makeup. There was ample parking for the boat/trailer/car. They had a private boat ramp.

We paid $159/each night for the weekend plus a $20 resort fee which gives you a few bags of ice, boat slip parking or overnight parking on the shore, and other things I can't remember. There is a pet section so they allow pets to stay for an extra $20/night.

Did not like hearing the DJ play late at night when we were ready for bed.

We will recommend this to friends and will probably return.

Room Tip: Older section will hear the DJ play late at night
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello 5slags

Thanks for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I'm so glad to hear that we had a room available for you and your family. Our resort is a great place to enjoy family fun by the pool and on the beach. Our resort is just like paradise, right on the water in Lake Havasu. The Nautical is one the original hotels in Lake Havasu our building’s exterior our defiantly unique but the new interior is more modern and very spacious for large families. We look forward to your return visit feel free to email me at jennifeb@thenautical.net the next time you’re coming out to Havasu.

Jennifer Baker

Been to The Nautical Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!