“Worst Hotel Experience Ever - Stay Away, Far Away” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2x Points Package
Ranked #5 of 24 hotels in Lake Havasu City
Costa Mesa, CA
“Worst Hotel Experience Ever - Stay Away, Far Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Our family has stayed in many Hampton Inn hotels, and most offer a good value - clean rooms with good beds, and a decent breakfast in the morning. This Hampton Inn was a GLARING exception. First, we noticed when we checked into the room - listed as standard size with a lake view - that the room was much smaller than usual. The desk had a work chair that completely blocked access to the far side of the bed and the window. We had to move the chair to the other side of the room just to get by. But BY FAR the biggest problem was cockroaches and bedbugs. First, my son woke up in the middle of the night screaming as a 3 inch cockroach crawled across his face. The next morning, there were large bugs crawling on the beds, up the walls, with dead bugs in the bathroom, just for good measure. We couldn't get there fast enough. The response of the hotel staff was to say that they were "doing everything we can", but "it is bug season".

Oh, and just to make the trip extra special, we asked the best way to London Bridge. The hotel staff said it was an easy 3 block walk. What he didn't tell us was that there was free and ample parking at London Bridge. My wife and 7 year old daughter got borderline heatstroke in the 110 degree-plus heat walking back to the hotel. Ahh, if heatstroke was going to be the extent of our problems at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Owner at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, July 1, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu. I am very sorry to learn of your discomfort during your stay and especially concerned that you encountered problems related to bugs. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and when for some reason we fail, we are very concerned.

I apologize that the staff member you spoke to did not take the necessary steps to either resolve your issue or to contact the General Manager to ensure your stay was satisfactory.

I am sorry you were not given more complete information about the London Bridge distance and facilities.

Our location at the edge of the desert makes the cooler, more humid environment inside the hotel attractive and comfortable to more than just us humans. We do have a comprehensive pest control program, which unfortunately is not 100% effective.

The information you have provided has been forwarded to the hotel management, so they can address these issues directly. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me or the hotel’s General Manager, Diane Harry.

Again, I offer my sincere apologies that you will give us another opportunity to be of service in the future.

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
4 Corners
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Havasu can be a loud place to stay, with late-night revelers, and early morning boaters departing in their big diesel tow rigs. I have found it a little challenging to find a nice, clean, quiet, and reasonable place to stay on a regular basis. But I found it in the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu! Thank you! Quiet--plenty of wall insulation between you and your neighbors, good window quality and distance from parking lot. Friendly--everyone I have had contact with was courteous and professional, even when they were obviously extremely busy. Reasonable--you have to love a big cushy bed and a great breakfast included!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I arrived at this hotel with a reservation and asked if I could have a room with two beds, as my mother-in-law was traveling with me. I was told by the front desk employee that they did have a room with two beds available and in fact, it was $16 LESS than the rate I reserved. I thanked her for the lower rate and headed to our room. When I checked out the next morning and received my receipt, the rate had not been reduced by $16. I told the front desk manager that I had been told the night before that the rate for two beds was lower. She then proceeded to tell me that the employee that checked me in was new and gave me incorrect information. I told her that I was expecting a reduction of $16 because I was promised that by her hotel, to which she refused. Instead, she and another front desk employee told me over and over and over that the employee was new and made a mistake. Again--not my problem! I told them they should honor the promise made to me but these two employees didn't "get it" when it comes to customer service, which is unfortunate.

Other than the poor front desk service upon checkout, this hotel was just OK. Very dated---old TV set, worn carpet, noisy A/C unit. Also, the shower was poor, as was the faucet on the sink--water barely came out of it. Also, would have been nice to have another bar of soap for the shower (there was only one small one given for the sink).

I've stayed at many, many Hampton's over the years and this is one of the more "tired"properties. Certainly over priced, but that may be all of Lake Havasu hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sun City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Just stayed there over the Memorial Holiday, very friendly staff, clean, comfortable room, comfortable bed, had a room with a balcony and beautiful view. Room rate kinda high but we enjoyed our stay. Continential breakfast was OK for something to fill the tummy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
EllenRT, Owner at Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City, responded to this review, June 14, 2010
Dear Guest -
Thank you for taking the time to write of the good experience you and your family had at the Hampton Inn Lake Havasu. It is always a pleasure to know when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest with us again soon.
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Don't understand all rave reviews about this hotel. The price of $171 was way too much - but perhaps not for Lake Havasu area?? Too our mind all we can say was it was average. Nothing wrong with it but just a slightly dated facility which does not compare with other hotels in the group.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

In town for a wedding. Found this hotel on line - I need a place that took pets and where I would get points on one of my many hotel club memberships. I called the hotel directly before making the reservation. Jerry was amazing he answered all my questions, gave me detail of the hotels location to the church and reception. Upon check in and out the hotel staff (Jerry check us in) was the best customer service and hospitality. Room was spacious comfortable. I travel 50% for work and THIS hotel gets A++ in service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
West Sussex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

We are now quite familiar with Hampton Inns, and this ones met the usual standards. It is located within a mile (not walking distance) of London Bridge, which was the purpose for our one night stay. I would recommend paying a little extra for the Lake View Room. The hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable, service was good, and breakfast was OK.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City? Share your experiences!