“Looks better on the inside” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Lake Havasu City

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Lake Havasu City to your Saves list
Knights Inn Lake Havasu City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31 Wings Loop, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 (Formerly Lake Place Inn)   |
Ranked #16 of 24 hotels in Lake Havasu City
Peoria, Arizona
“Looks better on the inside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were a bit leary as we drove to the property. It does not have a clear entrance, is not real lit, and doesn't look real inviting. Also, the front office smelled pretty bad. We decided that we would leave if the room smelled the same. We entered the room through the "back door" which, again, was not too attractive. The room had a second door looking out over the courtyard. That was a better view, but wasn't near the parking. But once we went into the room, we were fine. The room was older, but it was clean and roomy. And given that the nightly price was extremely cheap, we ended up appreciating it after all. We plan to go back to Lake Havasu City again, and we will stay there again, now that we know.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Zaltbommel, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Must admit we fled away from the premises after we saw and smelled the hotelroom. We booked one night (Memorial day weekend) in this hotel via internet. When we were looking for it we saw wiring fences and a fallowing terrain behind it. Behind this we saw what looked like a motel with only doors and no windows. We than had our doubts already but being Memorial weekend and wanted to just have a good time in Lake Havasu City we went for it anyway. We asked the girl on the frontdesk if we could see the room first. After some quarreling because she first wanted to have our credit card we "won" the battle and were lead to a room before we signed anything. The swimmingpool area look nice we must admit but the outside gallery ways to the room had dirty carpetting. The room itself was ugly, dark, smelled real bad and willing to take that (want to go have a good time, Memorial weekend etc) I took a look in the bathroom but than I was willing to sleep in the car and NOT take a shower because it was not to European clean standards. Sorry, but it was just too bad. We wanted to go away but the girl said we had to pay because of the cancellation term. We had to talk our way out of this and finally could leave the hotel to find something else for the night. So, don't go here, find something else to sleep !

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

It is called as the picture above says "Knights Inn", so until tripadvisor makes the corrections (as I told them) it will be referred to by the wrong name and people will not be able to find any reviews on here of the "Knights Inn". The front sign is confusing as it states both names, however if you are to book on line I doubt you will find "Lake Place Inn" as I didn't.

Now the review: They have big rooms, I had a king bed. The room was equipped with a small fridge, microwave, ironing board with iron, small table with 2 chairs, 1 sitting chair. Cable TV with remote. Plenty of storage for clothes, etc.
It is close to grocery store and restaurants, all within walking distance. You will have to drive to get to the lake.
I would stay here again and the rating that I gave was good for the cost of the room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at the Kings Inn/Lake Place Inn at Lake Havasu City, AZ, this past week Mar 21 – 26, 2012. Just a few things I wanted to let everyone know about. I feel like we stayed in a totally different place than everyone else giving reviews and we're not super fussy. We booked through booking. com after looking at several hotels and for some reason this place was rated 5th in town(on trip advisor and 2 other sites -not sure what we were missing that everyone else liked so much about it?). I will admit I was a little leary as the price was pretty decent and some might say you get what you pay for – I went more from the reviews. Let’s talk about the room itself – it is a fair size which was good for the 4 of us and a dog but it is desperately in need of a thorough cleaning – seemed like just a lot of surface clean. The carpets need an overhaul – I’m not sure a cleaning would cut it, replaced would be more like it. The tub did not drain as I saw someone else mentioned but I had hoped they would have fixed it – so a 10 – 15 minute between showers unless you wanted to stand in scuzzie water. The blankets must be the originals as the felt as if they’d been washed several thousand times and felt more like sand paper than a blanket. The sliding window on the courthouse side of the room was loose and did not close so you heard anyone that was talking as they went by. Knights Inn sells itself as having a continental breakfast this hotel will give you a cup of black coffee and prepackaged little Debbie – not exactly what I call breakfast. The rooms off the Lobby looked to be crowded storage and just looked a mess. The overall exterior of this hotel also needs a makeover – it looks very run down. People would pay more especially if they saw some upkeep. The pool actually looked clean – however was so cold we did not try it; nor would we have let our children take in the environment /language that flowed into the courtyard.
The biggest problem though was the lack of management involvement – from what I could gather they must live in one of the rooms of the lobby – so there is not always someone at the front desk – you ring a bell for them and I must say they were usually fairy quick to respond. We were there during spring break – which we knew before traveling and I booked as a family. We were 1 of perhaps 4 families staying at the hotel during this time – which after I booked the room online I called the hotel and let them know we were a family with younger kids coming and confirming about the dog (or tell us this was not a family friendly place during spring break)– instead of placing us all in one relative area we were dispersed throughout the hotel and I am not sure if they all had the same experience but we had major noise and disturbance issues that the manager just shrugged and told us to notify him when it happened again. Not sure how he could miss it and needed me to let him know when some nights the party took place on the stairs and in the courtyard. 3 of the 5 nights we had people knock on our room door trying to find their room. Thank goodness the last 2 nights we were able to leave our children with friends staying in another establishment. Even during daylight hours there were several doors open with load music and a fair amount of vulgar language not appropriate for young kids. I will say that when the young adult guests did see us they were polite enough and seemed a little shocked to see families in the same area?? We do think that law enforcement was called on night to help get things back under control but management was just not on top of things enough and I can’t blame the spring breakers for pushing the boundaries when that was what they were there to do and if no one’s going to enforce anything why not.

Room Tip: Room walls are thin - don't stay near the stairwells & upstairs is better as you can hear ev...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
eugene or
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

The room was very large, clean, very nice. Price was excellent. Only thing we would change would be to make the pool heated, and add a hot tub. But I'm sure the pool is great later in the year. It's the old style property with two doors - you can park right by one door, and the second door leads to the pool / courtyard area. I could have stayed there for a month!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Front desk lady was effecient and helpful. The room was very large and well equipped with a table, two chairs, microwave and mini-fridge. Very clean. Beds need to be replaced, but I can sleep on just about anything. Bath towels small and not very soft. Very quiet, did not hear neighbors on the sides or above. All in all, nothing fancy, but very comfortable. Great value, I paid around $30 a night and stayed two nights. Complimentary local paper a big plus for me.

Room Tip: Nice views of the lake from rooms on the west side.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

stayed 2 nights for the Balloon festival. Very good price. Pleasantly surprised since some reviews were not so great. Check in was quick and easy. The room was very clean ( I work at a hotel, so I know what a room should be like). Happy to see fridge, microwave and coffeepot and the room was bigger than I expected. Had a little balcony that you shared with the neighbor, but never saw them. We were able to see the hot air balloons from the room. Only complaints - the bathtub drained slowly and did not have coffee when we checked in. Had to get some from front desk. Overall very satisfied and we will stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Lake Havasu City? Share your experiences!