“The service ruined our evening” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Martini Bay offers a great atmosphere for food, fun, and cocktails. Enjoy a beautiful Arizona sunset on the patio with a cold beverage and great views of the London Bridge. You can also enjoy a great meal at The Grill at Martini Bay. Our casual menu offers something for everyone – start with a tempting Tapasizer or select from one of our many entrees such as a burger, salmon, or steak. If you are looking for nightlife, Martini Bay is the place to be. After dinner Martini Bay transforms into a happening nightspot with dancing, music, and entertainment.
Houston, Texas
“The service ruined our evening”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The view is great of the London bridge and they have a nice outdoor patio. I cannot rate the food or drinks, because we had no service. After 30 minutes of waiting (and there was no one inside) and half the tables were filled outside, we decided to leave. The three waiters who walked by us for 30 minutes never even spoke to us. There are too many restaurants close to the resort to put up with bad service.

• Visited April 2013

McFarland, Wisconsin, United States
“Really neat outdoor seating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The view from the outdoor patio is hard to beat. Ambiance was the main course. Very romantic and a special place to have dinner in Lake Havasu. Two outdoor fireplaces and some couches amidst the dinner tables made for a very cozy atmosphere to have dinner as the sun set. You get to look out over the channel, watch the boats and just enjoy the setting.
The food was good but nothing special. I had Shrimp Romesco which was tasty, a little spicy and a fairly large portion. I had to ask for bread well into my meal and came late but was freshly made (three rolls), warm, and very very good. Wife had Cedar Plank Salmon which was a little dry but a good portion.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kristina G, Guest Relations Manager at Martini Bay, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hi Mike W,
Thank you for the review! Sorry to hear about the Salmon, with the Honey Burbon Sauce caramelized on top; I’m surprised it could be dry? It also sounded like the Shrimp Romesco was a little too hot for your liking? It does have roasted red pepper and crushed red pepper in the sauce. We can totally tone down the spiciness to your liking. We want you to enjoy the food and atmosphere. A view of the bridge on a beautiful warm Havasu night is hard to beat and the fire place is a huge plus. Just wait till we have the fire dancers return this summer, outside on the patio is prime location. I hope to see you return and I hope that are next reviews will be outstanding.
Once again thank you for the review,
Kristina Gallo
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Terrible food and service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

If I could give this restaurant less than one star I would.
Went to their special Valentine's Day event and was terribly disappointed.
They only offered two meal choices, either prime rib or pan roasted chicken and did not allow us to order from the regular menu.
When we first got there we were seated by the hostess and were forgotten about, no one came to take our drink orders, much less our meal order, for at least 20 minutes. The place was not crowded at all, so there really was no excuse for the long wait.
We chose the chicken dinner since neither one of us eats beef, when it finally came it was overcooked and as tough and dry as boot leather.
It had to have been cooked hours before it was served.
We really should have left the place after the long wait in the beginning, but it was our first Valentine's Day together and I had not made reservations for anywhere else.
The real surprise was when the bill came, they had charged us $50 each plus an 18% mandatory tip! With the two drinks we ordered the bill was around $140.
I did not want to make a scene in front of my girlfriend so I just paid the bill and we got the heck out of there! I vowed we would never return there, ever again!
We could have eaten at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill in Las Vegas for less money and far superior food!
I hear people say that Martini Bay makes the best drinks in town, maybe they do, but their food should be avoided!
Thanks Martini Bay, for ruining our first Valentine's Day together!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CalSheehy, Manager at Martini Bay, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
JB – Thank you for choosing Martini Bay to celebrate your special occasion. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve are two special engagement nights at Martini Bay where we offer a Prix Fixe Menu. Please accept our sincere apologies that our reservations team did not advise you that Valentine’s Day featured a Prix Fixe menu and that our regular menu was not available.

I also apologize for the lackluster service you received during your visit with us. Service is paramount and something that we strive for perfection for our guests. The experience you outline is not ordinary. We are not happy until you are happy. Please contact Ryan at rstroh@londonbridgeresort.com so we can figure out a way to ensure you and your wife receive the true Martini Bay experience.

Again, thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to hosting you in the future where you can experience the real Martini Bay dining experience with great food, great service, and great views!
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Great Fair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great Service. The tilapia wrapped in parchement and filet wrapped in bacon were excellent entrees. Flat breads were a great ap.

Visited February 2013
Sidney, Montana
“Great Food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was with a group of 7. We enjoyed a great dinner out on the patio. The atmosphere was great. The fireplaces really topped of the experience! The martini Selection was great!

Visited March 2013