“Not bad, but get new beds that aren't so hard!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Economy Inn

You added Economy Inn to your Saves list
Economy Inn
41 S Acoma Blvd, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
“Not bad, but get new beds that aren't so hard!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The price was great, the room was ok, the fridge in the room was a nice amenity, the bed was HARD, no bedbugs found (or any other critters), the walls are thin (could hear the people next door talking easily, which meant they could also hear us), the gentleman who checked us in that night and out the next morning was pleasant but seemed to not know anything about the free room upgrade for ABV members even after I handed him our membership card which states that on the back.

Here's the worst part of the stay: the shower head and shower curtain were SERIOUSLY NASTY LOOKING and both needed to be replaced, and I did tell the gentleman who checked us out the next morning.

Don't get me wrong. The place is ok to stay and I would probably stay there again in the future. My wife and I don't need fancy places to stay but we do appreciate, and expect, cleanliness. As other reviewers have stated, this place needs a makeover.

I know upkeep and updating take money, we own our own business too. But a business needs to set aside money for "makeovers".

Even though my rating is only two circles, it could have easily been three or four if the place was updated, fully clean (shower), and more "presentable" inside and out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brookings, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

this place had high ratings on expedia but I do not know how it got them. The bathroom is equipped with faulty plumbing peeling paint and a loose toilet seat and a very funky surface in the tub.. one of the bed has bare 2x4s supporting it. One good point is the A/C works well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I spent 14 nights at this motel recently. They've done remodeling this past year. The unit I was in was # 229. It had a queen bed, love seat, TV on the dresser, 2 night stands, a small full-sized refrigerator and microwave plus an eating table with two chairs. Nothing fancy but all I needed (and more actually). The room is spacious --- I had plenty of room for the items I wanted to bring into the room and still get around.
THe management is friendly and helpful. The price was why I tried the motel ---- I got it for $27.95 a night, plus tax. THe only thing I would have changed is the bed ---- it really was too hard. I asked for a different mattress or a "topper" or extra blankets to put under the sheets ----anything to make it a little softer. They wouldn't cooperate with any suggetions which disappointed me. I could've changed rooms but I had unloaded many boxes of personal items from my truck to store inside the room while I was there and didn't want to move it all again..................
If you go, I suggest you get a room in the same building I was in because it's one level --- no one over or under your room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I reserved this hotel through Expedia and was told that there was both a pool and spa outdoors. When we arrived(4/28) we were told that there was no pool. We checked in anyway but after spending the night decided we needed to find a motel that had a pool.
Unfortunately the hotel would not honor our request to allow us to check out and get credit for the two nights that we would not have stayed there. We called Expedia but they didn't have our back, so against our will, we stayed for the duration of our reservation.
Some of the folks, Ed in particular, were kind and tried to help but management shortsightedly forced us to stay and as a result we can only advise fellow travelers to steer clear of this place.

Room Tip: Stay in the single level rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My brother has been spending his winters at Americas Best Value Inn in Lake Havasu City, AZ for several years. This year I was fortunate enough to join him for a few weeks. The manager and his family have been so helpful to my brother who is handicapped. They go out of their way to help him when he arrives and departs and do everything they possibly can to help him enjoy his stay there each winter. I also was touched by the fact that they seem to care very deeply about doing their best to keep the property clean, neat, and orderly for everyone to enjoy. I have stayed at several Americas Best Inns in Pennsylvania but can tell you I never received the quality of care or the cleanliness that I experienced in Lake Havasu City.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

The only things about this inn I didn't like is the very firm bed matress and single temperature water from the sink. I liked that a mini fridge and microwave were provided.

• Stayed January 2011
89109, Guest Relations Manager at Economy Inn, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests. We are happy to hear that the hotel met your needs. As new Owners, we decided to include mini-refrigerators and microwaves in all rooms for added convenience. We look forward to your return and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Lake Havasu City, AZ.
Happy Travels!

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!