“Sweet suites in a pleasant city...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Island Suites

You added Island Suites to your Saves list
Island Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   236 South Lake Havasu Avenue, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403-6501   |
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Tempe, Arizona
“Sweet suites in a pleasant city...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

For our recent two night stay in Lake Havasu City, my wife and I chose the Island Suites. We'd never been to the area before so we based our decision mainly on some positive reviews and their proximity to the main tourist area of town. We like to walk rather than drive whenever possible.
We were pleasantly surprised by the spacious suite and the cleanliness of the whole facility. We were particularly impressed by the kitchenette in the room. The weather was quite warm for the time of year, so we used both the pool and the spa. That was great!
A leisurely 15 minute stroll brought us to the London Bridge attraction. There are also a number of reasonably good restaurants within walking distance.
No place is perfect though. We never got the WiFi to work for us. The front desk lady kept claiming it "should" be working, but none of our attempts succeeded. We also had a bit of an issue with the otherwise beautiful king-size bed, but we admit that we're hard to please in that regard since we're accustomed to a Sleep Number bed at home.
All in all I'd say this hotel is a very good choice in its price range. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed at the hotel one night for a business trip and initially was concerned when I read the other reviews. However, my experience was a good one. The room was clean and the kitchenette was a nice addition to an already good deal. The hotel is located close to restaurants and is in a safe area. The gentleman behind the counter was very nice and helpful during my check in. The only downside to my stay was the location of my room which was located at the top of the staircase near the main entrance. I could hear the voices of people checking in, but once I fell asleep that wasn't a problem. I would certainly suggest that if you're in the area and you want a good clean room at a fair price that you try this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Apple Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

The rooms we're nice and they had a mini fridge, a microwave, a toaster, and a dining table. The bathroom was roomy. The bed was comfortable and I got a full night's rest and woke up the next day and My back didn't hurt or anything;( the bed was a king) The night I got in, the room was not hot; The maids have the air running so you're hot miserable waiting for the room to cool down. The pool was nice and the spa was a decent size. The room was a nice size. The only things that I disliked was that there wasn't enough boat parking in their parking lot, So I had to park in the dirt lot across the street which a guy in a truck was doing doughnuts, stirring up all kinds of dirt and dusted us and then we had to cross the busy street. And the pull out bed looked like the maid forgot to change the sheets because it looked like someone slept in it. One thing that I liked the most was that checkout was at 12:00 p.m.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010 via mobile

This place is a great value! The room is large and the bed is extremely comfortable. The hotel has access to a boat launch and slips at a nearby RV park. A continental breakfast including make your own waffles is available. The pool & spa looked clean, but we did not use as we spent all day on the lake. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

No frills but all the basics. Clean and everything in working order. Good mattress, friendly service. We used the handicapped room because my mother uses a mobility scooter. It was a tight squeeze, but the bathroom was nice and big. Only downside -- loud voices in the hallway come right through the walls, which is disconcerting at night. But generally it was quiet.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
palm desert
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

We have stayed there before several times and never had a problem until last weekend. Even the manager could not quiet down the drunken guests running up and down the halls and stairs all night. Probably wont stay there again. Too bad.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Holt, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed here, along with my parents, who had their own room right next to us. We all loved it! All the staff were super nice and went out of their way to make sure we were happy, they allowed my dog to stay, the rooms were clean and roomy, beds were very comfy, the pool was heated and felt great! Location was peaceful and close to everything. We will definately be staying here again!

Keep up the great work!!! :-)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Island Suites? Share your experiences!