“Premier Location! Great 2 nights stay!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   1477 Queens Bay, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403   |
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“Premier Location! Great 2 nights stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I called our timeshare company for timeshare rates for Lake Havasu, they wait listed us for this hotel and called about 2 weeks before our travel dates to inform me that rooms had become available at this hotel. Ultimately, it appears I was booked through Vacationsforrent.com and the front desk said that I paid through Expedia? In any event, the rate ws very fair for the location and the quality of this hotel.
Best features: Premier location on a large parcel of land on the East Side of the Lake, immediately south of the London Bridge. Across the street from Red Robin and Chili's. There were ferry boats within walking distance to get to the casino on the reservation for $3. round trip. There was another "belle" boat that docks right under the London Bridge that I believe was $20 for an evening out on the boat.
I read trip adviors remarks from other folks before we made reservations and I have to say that the Kokomo's was a non issue for us. I saw no one there and no parties and we heard no noise. However, when I was near the front desk, I did hear the clerk tell someone that the rooms that they had remaining for that night were above Kokomo's and that there would be loud music and noise.. Which I thought was very nice of them to tell this traveler. They have glass elevators and some rooms are located above this Kokomo's (south side of the complex) and others would be facing the view, and further north away from the bar. Again, we saw NO ONE at the bar when we were there... So, it wasn't a problem for us. Our travel was mid week, October 5-6th
After our reservations were made, I called and requested a room for disabled and we were assigned a very nice room on the ground floor with 10 foot high ceilings. It was a lovely suite and there was an efficiency kitchen complete with dishes and glasses and silverware and a small refrigerator (maybe some would call it a mini frig, but I think it is larger than that). The furnishings were modern, clean and overall looked good. There were a few exceptions to that, but everything was clean. The other folks who were at the hotel were from Globus Tours and otherwise very respectable folks who were vacationing, mostly seniors! I would highly recommend this hotel for the price that we paid. We paid $291. for 2 nights for a 1 Bedroom Suite (no view), including taxes.
There is a Safeway Store in close driving distance proximity. They have a small market on site for your needs and some speciality store shopping oriented towards water sports directly north of the hotel in the English Village Stores.
We went to see our Norwegiian Relatives compete in the World Championship Jet Ski competition on Lake Havasu and we were just a few minutes driving distance away.
There were 3 pools there and one jacuzzi. The upper pool I think was heated and very nice The jacuzzi is a little bit of a walk (for the elderly folks) , but it was lovely and there is a nice view from there too.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I just got back from the London Bridge Resort where we do own a timeshare. July was quiet and wonderful sleeping compared to "spring break" which, as advertised is a loud, and fun time for the college and high school kids. Check in was very smooth (room ready right at 4 pm - not one second earlier). Room was in very nice shape and above the tennis court with a golf course-channel view.
Martini Bar was nice, food good (1/2 price for owners) and happy hour always wonderful 7 d/wk 4-6:30 pm. Thanks to Ryan, Erin and Jennifer for making the Bar so nice all week!
Pools were clean and quiet and I did NOT hear Kokomo's after I went to bed ( depends on room location for sure). Saw continued upgrades going on all week to the property (painting and remodeling). Wi did NOT work in my room, but did in the lobby area of each floor. Nice to have a place where one can go and not have to drive anywhere during the stay - just a walk down the channel or over the London Bridge or up the road to the stores and cafes, etc.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My spouse and I just returned from our 3 day stay over Memorial Day weekend. I have never been so tired after a 'vacation'. We stayed on an Interval Exchange timeshare. What a wasted trip! I will NEVER EVER go back to Lake Havasu on any holiday weekend. This hotel (I can't bring myself to call it a resort) is in the thick of the disgusting masses of drunken underage kids who have no regard for other people or property. Their filth and debaucherous behavior can't be avoided. Add to this the thousands of other people who come to gape at girls wearing only pasties for tops while everyone drinks themselves so sick there is garbage and vomiting everywhere. The London Bridge hotel itself has a decent staff, but in order to stay alive in a depressed economy they seem to allow their facilities and grounds to be defaced and damaged by the onslaught of these young miscreants. We were awakened on our first night about every 15 min by yelling and even just loud voices in the hall and the room next door. The walls are paper thin and even breathing can be heard through them. At 4:15am I called security when a fight broke out in the hallway. People were throwing each other into walls and doors. After security arrived and tackled the drunken boys, they were handcuffed and finally we were able to sleep by 4:45am. The next night more of the same, but with new voices yelling in the hall every 15 min and in the room next door after the bar closed at 2:30am.
We thought surely these 'people' would be so sick of drinking that our third night would be quieter, but no, a fight between girls broke out complete with slapping, hitting and screaming. Again I called security who came and broke it up. The crowd outside in the parking lot at 2:30 am was angry that they were being forced out of the bar. More yelling and drunken threats.
As I said, the front desk, housekeeping and concierge staff were courteous, but none of the amenities normally offered to timeshare owners were extended to us because they had their hands full with the party animals who took over.
The resort is tired and worse for the wear after the activities within the rooms and halls. Holes in walls from fighting, broken and chipped tiles in unit, laminate countertops need to be replaced. Upholstery on chairs stained and torn. There are very few shops open nearby, only empty storefronts. Unless a business is a bar or a place that sells alcohol, it seems it cannot survive.
We did take the ferry across the lake to the casino and that was nice(the boat ride, not the casino). Otherwise, many other water activities were suspended or canceled due to the crush of boats that line the shores full of semi nude people and others looking at them. Beer cans are everywhere in the water, on the shoreline, on the walks, paths. We did not use the pool, it was outdated and I was afraid of the water quality, judging by the patrons who looked none too savory. The owners of London Bridge Resort need to really think about the type of customer they want. They are no doubt spending so much on damage repairs that they cannot afford to do updates to the outside grounds or the units themselves. We were asked if we wanted to attend a timeshare presentation for new units that they are building. No Way would we ever buy here if the quality of construction and the quality of management is so poor.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Our suite was wonderful....the service was excellent, friendly people, it was just a wonderful vacation.....the only thing this resort needs is a better fitness center. but happened to find a gym havasu fitness, perfect place...will be spending alot more winters here forsure!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Sunnyvale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed here as timeshare owners for just a couple of nights, expecting the area to have just a bit of British feel based on my partner's previous visit. Our room did not have a view of the lake/river, but rather of a high wall with a few cars parked on the level above, and a few glimpses of trees. We'd have been satisfied with some public area/lounge from which we could enjoy the view from indoors in January, but none was available. We were told that we could simply walk along the river, but since my companion had leg problems that didn't help, and with what it costs to be a timeshare owner, I didn't think "just go outdoors like the rest of the public" was quite the solution I wanted for something to do at night rather than sit in my room. (We had a small patio with a lounge chair that wasn't much use in January, but no view). We had a HUGE 4-person jacuzzi tub but didn't use it. The kitchen was adequate but small, not what I really expected from a timeshare. Bedroom TV was fuzzy. BUT there was free internet.

The Martini Bar restaurant has a beautiful outdoor lounge area with fireplaces and couches from which to view the river and bridge; we complained about our lack of view and were offered to switch to a smaller room with a view but no balcony, but declined since we only had one more night to be there. They did give 50% discount on the restaurant and $20 in credit because the leaf blower blew all over my companion, so we were able to sit there and enjoy the view outside -- although even with the discount and credit, our meal for 2 was still $30.

The lobby of the hotel is lovely with the golden coach and the fine woodwork. They did have some fun-sounding activities planned at reasonable prices but our time didn't allow.

The hotel was not exciting, but was okay; the main disappointment was that I thought there would be some businesses and/or exhibits to somewhat transport you to jolly old England and that did not happen at all. Also, our room was off an inside hall and at times the whole area smelled like a nursing home.

My recommendation would depend on the price (I don't know their rental rates). For summer and someone really interested in water sports, it would be a different story.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

The carriage in the lobby is the only grand thing about this hotel. The rooms are like a cheap motel with ugly furniture, bad beds and a dirty feel but prices are like you were in England itself. London Bridge is a joke. NOT worth the detour. So depressing you might want to jump off it. Restaurants in the area are expensive too.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Winchester, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

The location of this hotel is right on the canal in Lake Havasu. The best part was having the option to keep our boat in one of the hotels boat slips. There is a fee involved but well worth it. These are suites so you have a kitchen and fridge to utilize. There are also many restraunts right across the streeet . Our room was clean and met our needs perfectly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to London Bridge Resort? Share your experiences!