“What a treasure to find this place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 N McCulloch Blvd, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Lake Havasu City
Keizer, Oregon
“What a treasure to find this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am on the road 80% of the time with my job, so when I find a little treasure like the Heat Hotel in Lake Havasu City, Arizona I have to give a huge shout out!!! This place is AMAZING!!! Five stars are not enough to describe the incredible suites.

From the time of check in, (Arly is so friendly and also a great bartender) when you are given a card for a free cocktail, to the walk to the room with the beautiful views of the London Bridge to the overwhelming joy when you open the door to your room...does life get any better than this?

After a hectic day and long drive, what better way to start the evening than to have a cocktail overlooking the beautiful resort and lake. After winding down, the water falling from the ceiling to fill the Jacuzzi tub was such a treat for these aching bones.

Now that I am in my comfort zone, crawling into bed and experiencing a memory foam mattress was such a delight. The beds are covered with white down comforters and pillows are abundant.

Heat Hotel...you are my #1 rated hotel. It has truly been my pleasure to visit this outstanding establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for of the 6 suites overlooking the lake
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Nevada, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

First, it's a little hard to see how to get to the hotel even though you can see it. You take the driveway at the Javelina Cantina and it takes you down to the channel and the hotel even though your husband says it won't.

What can I say that hasn't been said by the previous post (dindy3251)? We stayed February 5 & 6, 2013. I thought we had the best room 106 with two beds for location on the first floor. From the room and the balcony you see above the water, and below the arch of the bridge just a great view. At night we kept the drapes open just to see the awesome view of the lighted bridge.

We took the $20 food coupon offered here even though we didn't book through "trip"and that was our late lunch the first day. They offer three restaurants by the same company. We choose Mexican at the Javelina Cantina right behind the hotel. It's a jumping place on Taco Wednesday out on the patio.

The second night we used our drink tickets and the sangria was OK and husband had a glass of red wine. All the staff are friendly even the maintenance guy who explained what the awful noise was in the bathroom at midnight. I really thing they need to have a note somewhere in the bathroom that the huge spa tub, at unknown times, kind of recharges itself. By the sound I thought maybe the sprinkler had come on or the tub above us was running.

One of the great things is the channel park is off to the right of the hotel. You don't have to get in the car it's just a walk out the door. Lot's of things to see, replicate lighthouses, memorial trees, kids & dog areas and folks just putting along on whatever type watercraft they have. Great people watching.

There is a lower level to the hotel where I guess most of the suites are. I didn't get to see what they look like. You also have to sign a waver that you wouldn't complain about the noise from the bar. Even though we were there during Spring Break there wasn't any noise there during that mid-week. Would stay again and again.

Room Tip: Room 106 on the first floor if you are looking for two queens beds.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lake Havasu city has a very unique small-town charm. The London Bridge being an iconic structure in the city, Heat hotel is located right beside it. The best part is the rooms face the bridge. The lights on the bridge bring in a very festive feel, the water-front has a calming effect and the hotel offers great comfort.

Perfect place for a relaxing holiday getaway!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've returned a couple times since my original review. There have been a few changes since that posting.

I, for one, don't mind the check-in at the small bar. This is a small boutique hotel and space in the lobby area is limited. Besides, you are right there to collect your free drink offered to each patron. A perk that I totally love!! Unfortunately, this complimentary beverage has now changed to only the Drink-of-the-Day. On the day I arrived it was wine. The white sangria in a jug with orange slices floating on top, didn't appeal to me for several reasons:1) I dislike sangria and 2) it was unclear just how long that it had been sitting there since it had been made (it was still sitting out on the counter when I checked out).

The rooms are still wonderful. The bedding is spa-like and the beds beyond comfortable. Every room has a view and even in the middle of winter, it's nice to sit and enjoy the river go by. Yes, there is some wear and tear. The cabinet below the television had chipped and worn edges and deserved replacement. The television was smallish and I'd certainly cast my vote for a bigger one next time around, although it's certainly not a deal-breaker for me. The hallways were clean and certainly fresh smelling but the carpets will need replacing in the near future just due to high usage.

Will I return again? Certainly, for the views, bedding and bath the price is certainly right. Am I surprised at the slight wear, no. This hotel is aging and to stay at the top of their game diligence in upkeep will be necessary, but you must note that it's the perfect spot for college students on break and most could care less about respecting property.

I wouldn't make this a stop during Spring Break or the boating season. The music from the hotel and those across the water would definitely not be to my pleasure. For a stop for a night or two during the week and off-season (if there is one), it's the perfect place to relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Any room is great, as they all have water views. If traveling during the high season, I'd ask f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Based on TripAdvisor ratings only my husband and I decided to stay at the Heat hotel. The staff were incredible, very accommodating and welcoming. After checking in we casually mentioned we were sore from hiking and the staff mentioned 'Well you'll love the jacuzzi then!' we asked where it was located and they replied 'in your room'. Our room was quite pleasant, nicely decorated and clean, the patio overlooked the London Bridge and the jacuzzi tub was wonderful and large enough for the two of us. With microwave, fridge and coffeemaker in the room, and the minibar contents very reasonably priced there was little else we could ask for. We ended up extending our stay for an extra day. The ONLY downside was some of the carpet and furniture was a little worn but not to the point that I wouldn't jump at the opportunity to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Inferno suite #3 opens out to an open patio with an uninterrupted view of London Bridge and the lake. Patio furniture is sparse, white plastic and comfortable for short spells of sipping only.
It can be noisy at night time as people walk by right outside the suite, and come and go into the other units.
The suites are clean and modern and just like the photos. They are fun and snazzy, with unique colored lighting that creates mood, but are not practical. Short persons may find the sinks too high and too far set back. There are no rails to hang wet towels, despite being encouraged to reuse the same towels ( to save water! ). Glass and metal make for a noisy environment inside the unit. Do not expect to fulfill your bathroom routine in privacy ( including the john). Furniture, being modern is not relaxing, and tv is offset from couch making viewing angle odd. The room advertised a mini bar and a microwave, there was neither. There is a coffee maker of the old type, perhaps a modern single server would be more appropriate. Staff are efficient and friendly. There is a 'bar' right in reception area, and at least 4 restaurants within steps of the hotel. Breakfast offsite is just fine at cafe Makai.
We stayed three nights off-season which was one night too long. We were told it gets very busy and noisy in season. Hey if you are young to enjoy a later night life, and unique quirky (romantic) suite ( provided the sound of your lovers toilet habits are familiar to you!) you will love it. I can't imagine it being practical for young children at all in any sense. For seniors, it might not be comfortable enough, although the shower is easy walk in - it is certainly not home from home, but it is unique.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The family went to a wedding in Lake Havasu. We need two rooms, found out the Heat Hotel was located right across the street from the wedding venue and had a two room suite with a full kitchen. The room, the Channel View Suite is massive with a very large kitchen, dining, living area. Plenty of room for the 5 of us (3 adults, 2 children)
Very accommodating and friendly staff. An unusual check in area, at the bar!
They are pet friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Heat Hotel? Share your experiences!