“Can't Wait to Go Back!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Claremont, California, United States
“Can't Wait to Go Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Heat while in town visiting family for the holidays. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very nice. We had a nice room that faced the bridge. The room was very nice, bed was super comfy and the decor was very modern. The manager, Allison, greeted us when we arrived and she was very nice and helpful. We can't wait to go back and stay here again! I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice, clean and modern hotel for a reasonable rate!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Longmont, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

From the time we walked down the hall to our room I knew we made a mistake staying at HEAT. The carpet was dirty and worn. We walked into our room and I was stunned to see a small 27" TV with a HORRIBLE picture. My wife who could care less about TV even scoffed at how bad the picture was on the TV. For the price of the room, there should be a quality flat screen HD TV. The bed seems good and the view is good. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Pros:
- Glass of wine when checking in or free drink
- Hot shower with fast water
- Great view overlooking the water underpass of the London bridge
- Comfy bed
- Quiet...but may be due to it's freezing cold and winter weather kept the party-people away (PLUS!)

Cons:
- Person at front desk, slow and confused.
- Ran a "paper" voucher twice! One for my room charge, another in case we broke something (?) I'm 55 and not the Rolling Stones. By the way...WHO makes carbon copies of your credit card anymore and my full credit card number could be seen and no "coding" of the number for privacy!
- Check-in at midnight took a LONG time and we were tired!
- Dirty carpets in the hallway and marred walls....hmmm...what was our room going to look like?
- Room overpowered smell of Lysol or some "cover-up" spray. Yeck!
- Front desk did not offer the $20 voucher that I had signed up for on the internet.
- Walls were boring white & beige. Not an exciting room at all. So much for being a "hip" hotel
- Glad I had my slippers, carpets not really clean

I'm sure this place is struggling and I feel for them...but a good carpet cleaner, fresh coat of paint and train, train, TRAIN the staff and it could survive.

But for right now it's not a "4 star" at all.....2 star on the high side.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
T23Manager, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I'm sincerely sorry to hear your visit did not meet your expectations. We are taking proactive measures to fix these issues including a new maintenance program.

We'll of course continue to offer the our complimentary cocktails and tempur-pedic mattresses to make stays comfortable.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at the Heat Hotel on 12/19/2012. As repeat customers, we have always looked forward to stays here. Upon arrival it was obvious by the empty parking lot that we were one of few guests here for a mid-week stay. Upon we check-in were greeted by a young girl that didn't seem very knowledgable. She then told us that she would check and see if our room was ready. We waited which seemed to be a long while in the lobby waiting for a response from housekeping. We couldn't believe that our room was not ready late in the afternoon with little to no other guests staying there. We asked about the food coupon that was advertised on the website when we booked months earlier. She just looked at us with a dazed stare like she didn't know what we were talking about. We forgot about it and wanted into our room after the long drive. We eventually got our key to room number 305 and headed up. Upon exiting the elevator we witnessed hallway walls and doors that were banged up, scraped up with filthy worn out carpeting. We entered our large uninviting room and to see a bed, two tiny nightstands, (only one with a tiny lamp) a chair with ottoman, desk/table with what looked to be a unpadded plastic chair from outside and a small dresser accompanied by a 27" tube TV straight out of the 90's (all of the rooms we stayed in before had flatscreens). There was SO much bare and empty wall space due to only two very small pictures hanging on the walls. My wife wanted to sit in the the only decent chair in the room to read. This proved to be impossible due to the lack of lighting in the lampless dark corner of the room. The wind was blowing a bit and the poorly insulated sliding door provided a strong cold draft along with a wind driven banging screen. We had to close the dirty drapes to stay warm (that I had to rehang on the hooks due to it not being secured) and that took away the view of the London Bridge holiday lights. I adjusted the heat at the dirty old thermostat to find the little door fell off in my hand. It was either too hot or too cold with no in between. We roasted in the room and had to keep the blankets at the foot of the bed. This proved to be a good idea as when we made the bed the next morning, we noticed a dark red spot on the blankets that looked to be dried blood - GROSS! Went down for morning coffee and found two empty coffee makers (one of them not even turned on) with no coffee creamers for my wife. We had to drive to McDonalds for coffee. Upon check out, there was a different woman at the desk and I mentioned some of the issues with the room. She offered for us to speak with manager but we opted to contact her by phone so we could get out of there. Overall, a very dissapointing stay in a room that seemed reserved for the "spring breakers". We do understand that the rooms will damaged when college kids stay & party here. We don't understand why the place can't get repaired in the meantime for the rest of us. To give them a little credit, they were repainting the second floor hallway (just in time for March 2013 spring break). Seems like too little, too late. Guess that it is all about the money. Too bad.

Room Tip: Request to see your room BEFORE you check-in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed one night on a Saturday evening.

Check-in was miserably slow. Only one young girl working the desk. And, she did not seem to be customer service savvy. The were alot of bikers checking in and so the small parking lot had a lot of bikes in it. Finally, we found a good parking spot. We got a coupon for 2 free drinks...you had to get them made AT the front desk. No 7UP. She never washed her hands after handling folks credit cards, pens, etc. Cut my lime up, no gloves, etc.

The hallway on the second floor was SOOO beat up. There were scratches and gauges on the walls. Made you feel creepy. Room was very large and had a nice view of London Bridge. Small refridgerator, microwave. Wine to buy in the room. Linens were okay. NO toilet cover...haven't seen that in awhile. Soaking tub that looked dirty. Shower had mold/black grout that needed to be cleaned. Hangers that one could not remove from the closet?

We were suppose to get a dining coupon but was not given it at check-in. SO, had to stand in line AGAIN for it.

Coming back to the room after dinner, about 8:30PM, there was SOOOO much noise from the outside bar on the lower level. We wanted to sit on the balcony, but instead, closed the door and had to sit inside. I called the front desk to tell her about the very loud noise. Her reply was..."I don't know what to tell you. The bar closes at 11:00PM." That's it. Thanks for helping. She calls back about 10 minutes later and says they have ear plugs at the front desk if we want them. REALLY? One thinks it is normal to have to wear ear plugs at a hotel to be able to get some rest from the loud bar noise? Hears a clue. Your hotel must have had many compalints about the bar noise...that is why they have earplugs. Close your bar area if that is a problem.

The next morning we left. Never to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Heat Hotel on Saturday 11.24.2012. We had really been looking forward to our visit to Lake Havasu. We traveled 6 hours to Flagstaff from Albuquerque New Mexico. We stayed overnight and drove an additional 3 hours to reach Lake Havasu just for this specific visit. Upon arrival we checked in.. that went smoothly. We were given the Inferno suite which I had already booked. The front desk claimed she gave us an upgrade. I assumed it was because we were placed in room number 5 on the lower lake level, which was a nice surprise. When we opened the door , could not have been more pleased, the room looked amazing. So great we even took pictures, so we unpacked and went to the Christmas light show and walked the London Bridge and had dinner. Upon our arrival back to the room, I decided to check out the shower and tub. It was warm for about a minute, then the water turned ice cold. We called the front desk and the young girl stated we needed to leave the water running for 5 minutes and it would get warm. After 10 minutes of water waste, we called back again and told her the water was ice cold. She said she would call housekeeping, after calls back and forth, about 9 pm a security guard of all people comes to our room and flips on some switches in the main panel, stating it “should work now”, then hurried off. Again we let the water run and nothing. We called back and were told they would page a maintenance person. Never got a call back, so the entire night we worried about if we would be able to take a shower in the morning. Needless to say we had to go bed without a shower. At 8 am a person finally arrived and flipped some switches, he was very nice and helpful at least. However I felt it was an intrusion as I had not been able to take a shower and was still in bed and in bedclothes. After that we finally had hot water, my complaint is the staff is very young and not concerned with customer satisfaction. The maintenance person was not bad and made sure we would get hot water. However the front desk staff was rude and not helpful. We even asked for another room and were told they did not have any. We were also told a supervisor was not available. When we checked out we didn’t hear a word about it only received a receipt. No discount, no apology, pretty much just a shove out the door. My advice would be to call in advance and make sure the water is producing HEAT in your room. What’s the point of advertising the great family shower and tub, when you cant use it? This was especially a bummer since it was a holiday weekend and we paid 222 per night. Never again, they lost my business and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
T23Manager, Manager at Heat Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the Inferno Suites, which are truly the best rooms in Lake Havasu. I am very that the hot water problem cooled your stay. I can understand your concern and would love the chance to make it up to you. Please call and ask for me, Allison Miller, the next time your travels bring you to Lake Havasu and I will personally see to every detail of your stay.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a family trip planned to Lake Havasu City after looking online and seeing there was a lot of shops and things to do. This was not the case. When we came to the hotel, the bar is actually the reception area. Our room was downstairs. It was very large and modern. Interesting to say the least. Didn't realize the outside bar would be directly above our room, until I had to sign a waver at the front desk. I liked the view, but not sure I would return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Heat Hotel? Share your experiences!