“Really Great - A Hidden Gem Indeed!” 5 of 5 stars

Havasu Sands All Suite Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   2040 Mesquite Ave, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403   |
Ranked #9 of 24 hotels in Lake Havasu City
Ottawa, Canada
“Really Great - A Hidden Gem Indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was there in April for a month - and let me tell you - I loved it! I was in Lake Havasu City for Two months and tried a few different places but none of them could offer when these guys offered!

Each suit has it's own style. Some ranging from 80's look to 90's to more recent.
They all have kitchens and rooms and bathrooms separate from each other - It's kind of like staying in an apartment at a really reasonable price with awesome extras - Ideal for an extended stay!

I loved the Staff - they were very friendly and very helpful and I felt very at home there.

And I very much enjoyed the pool and Hot tub as well.

It's a great price for what you get: full kitchen, A/C and Heat, Pool, Hot Tub, Gym, Tennis and Basketball court, Continental Breakfast, Free Wifi and housekeeping in a secure and clean location.

The rooms are nice and clean and the beds are comfortable.

Whenever I find myself In Lake Havasu City again - I will be staying here for sure!

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

From Canada.

Room Tip: If you'd like a room with a certain style rather than another style, ask, because every room is...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our stay was pretty average. We had our kids 16 yr old, 4 yr old and 1 yr old. It was comfortable for everyone in a sense, everybody had a place to sleep. The hotel can use a major make over. I could tell it had not been renevated since the early 80s. Nor had the towels been replaced since then. The upside of things was that it was clean. The linens, the towels, everything was old but clean. That was the most important thing to us. I would stay there again, but someone needs to help them renovate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

A suite with a kitchen, separate bathroom, and flat panel tv for an outstanding price! The staff was very helpful on a very busy weekend during the boat show. The pool and hot tub were very nice and super clean. I have already been back to this great gem. Book ahead on their website to get the best rate possible.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chandler, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel took care of our little league team very well. The rooms were clean and the staff was awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, worth the money spent!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We needed a decent place to stay, and that's what we got here - but nothing more than that. The facility appears old and a bit run down. The pool is not heated, but reasonably clean. Can't say the same for the hot tub, it was lukewarm, cloudy, and didn't work at all one day. The room would have been at the height of fashion in the early 80s, I'd say - but everything is now dingy and worn. If you want to cook in the kitchenette, I'd rewash everything first. A bottle of dish soap and a sponge that looked older than I am was on the sink for use...ugh. At least climate control worked well, we used both heat and AC and both were fine. They had a lot of channels on TV, which was nice. We did not use the Internet while we were there. The bed was relatively comfortable. My daughter slept in the murphy bed (pretty cool, BTW) in the living room and that seemed fine. Sheets and towels were clean and the bathroom was pretty clean. At one point I walked barefoot on the carpet after my shower, and my damp feet stuck to the carpet - EEEEEW! I recommend wearing shoes or at least socks at all times. The facility is noisy, due in part to the acoustics of the center courtyard. Two kids playing and making average noise is magnified tenfold in the courtyard so it sounds like there is a party going on. Per other reviews I've read, it does seem like the people there know each other, the pool area was really crowded one evening, I felt like we were intruding when we came to swim and lounge. No one was unfriendly, though. There is a grill for cookouts down there, which is nice. The breakfast bar is pretty weak, and coffee was almost never available outside the lobby (though I thought it was advertised that they always had it). Overall, the place served its purpose - we had a roof over our heads that was reasonably clean in the key areas, we slept well at night, and the price was definitely right. But do not expect much beyond that.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a room on the ground floor - there is no elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Nothing special here. A bit noisy during the evening as all the rooms face out to the pool area. There is a cheap laundry room. Basic breakfast available but it didn't entice us, there was nowhere to eat it, except in your room. Bed was quite firm, but we slept well enough. Not a bad experience, just not a memorable on

• Stayed March 2012
Manson, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Was very disappointed in the hotel the pictures must have been taken 10 years ago. The girl that checked us in was rude...talking on the phone when we came in, never said anything to us and preceded to talk to someone another 5 minutes while we waited, then we got there 45 early before check in and she said very nasty that the room wasn't ready, I asked could she find out when...she huffed and left and came back and threw the confirmation paper for us to sign. In the morning we were ready to leave at 8 and the breakfast they offered wasn't opened until 9 and the office wasn't even open to check out! Should never have paid for it before hand because I would have left!

Room Tip: If you are planning a economy trip for more than 1 night it could be good has kitchens in all units...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Havasu Sands All Suite Resort? Share your experiences!