We went to Skukuza for brunch on our 1st day of game viewing in the Park & had such a bad experience that we almost cancelled the booking we had made to stay there on the following day! The meal & the service were really bad, & when we complained to the manageress we were treated with complete indifference. It was so unlike the meal & service we had received at Sabie Restcamp the day before which is strange as all the menus for the Parks Restcamps are the same! The night that we spent staying in Skukuza was not much better than our brunch experience! The rooms were run down, badly maintained & the cleanliness was appalling - unwashed pots in the cupboards!! To top it all off, we were looking forward to enjoying the large deck on the river to view game at sunset & there was nothing to be seen. We would certainly not stay there again!
- Also Known As:
- Skukuza Restcamp - Kruger National Park Hotel
- Skukuza Restcamp - Kruger National Park Hotel Kruger National Park
- Skukuza Restcamp Kruger National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skukuza is the Kruger National Park's largest rest camp and administrative headquarters. It is situated on the southern banks of the Sabie River. The myriad of birds and wild game in the area is easily spotted by going on bush walks and game drives. ... more less