“Fantastic 2 days in the Kruger” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Join one of our South African Open Vehicle Safaris into the World renowned Kruger National Park on either an overnight safari experience or even a Kruger Park day safari, which will enable you if staying on the perimeter of the Kruger Park the opportunity of seeing the Big 5 and experiencing the natural wonders of this magnificent game reserve.All our overnight Open Vehicle Game Viewing Safaris, from a Two Day to a Nine Day are conducted in our own safari vehicles and include all transfers, accommodation, dinner and breakfast, entrance fees and daily game drives. These safaris are not open to children under the age of ten years old. Please be advised that our safaris depart daily with a minimum of two guests traveling together. Many Have Copied,..... But none have mastered.
“Fantastic 2 days in the Kruger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first time ever in South Africa and I wanted to do a safari. So I did some research and came across this tour company. I booked the tour online without any problems and received a prompt, personal email back letting me know that I would be picked up at my hotel at 6:15 the morning of my tour. Dean arrived at 6:00 (early) and got us to our destination quickly and we immediately started our tour of Kruger with his brother Mark. Mark was fantastic and for the next two days I got some of the most amazing pictures of animals. We were able to see 3 of the big 5 in two days. Mark was extremely pleasant and very knowledgeable. I also appreciated that after 11 years he still wants to get up at 4:30 in the morning and beat the lines and the crowds so we can be the first in the park and leave at 5:30.

For the one night stay we stayed at Nkambeni Tented Lodge. Breakfast and Dinner were included. The bed was suprisingly very comfortable and Breakfast and Dinner were also supprisingly good. I say suprisingly as the tents are advertised as luxury tents. They are not. It is more like going to camp as a kid, but the facilities are clean, the people are friendly and there is airconditioning. I was only in the tent to sleep and shower and so it did not matter as it served its purpose. I spent basically no time in the tent because we spent the entire time looking for animals (which is great, thats what I was there for) and once you have dinner you need to go to bed to get up at 4:30, which I wanted to do (again I was there to see the animals).

If you are a couple looking for a "romantic" getaway. You may want to stay somewhere else since the accomodations are very basic and you can hear your neighbors even when they are speaking in a normal volume. Again this did not bother me as everyone was headed to go to sleep to get up first thing in the morning. I only mention this for those who are wanting t be pampered.

Visited March 2013
Dean C, Owner at Nhongo Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We thank you for your review and also thank you for joining one of our safaris. It was a great pleasure having you with us even though it was such a short stay.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip to Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

After having our original trip cancelled due to a company collapse - we frantically searched the net for alternatives and using Trip Advisor we found Nhongo Safaris. They say everything happens for a reason and we would'nt have had the time of our lives w Mark, Dean and Verity if we hadn't had our initial misfortune!

From start to finish these guys make it really easy. Verity responded promptly to all queries and made transfers to and from Kruger so easy!

We had Mark as our guide for our 4 day safari and we had so much fun. The accommodation and food at the camp we stayed was outstanding - so much choice!! Plus we spotted everything we wanted to see - it was awesome!!

Cannot recommend these guys enough. If you are heading to Kruger - go with Nhongo Safaris!

Visited October 2012
Dean C, Owner at Nhongo Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We at Nhongo Safaris would like to thank you for coming on safari with us to the Kruger National Park. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review you have given us and are very happy that you had a good time and got some great photos of the sightings you experienced while on safari. Looking forard to seeing you again on safari in the future.
Kind Regards The Nhongo Safaris Team.
“Outstanding guides and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

A great tour company with great guides and great service!

Transfers a breeze, requests attended to and communication leading up to / during and after the safari fantastic.

Mark was extremely knowledgeable and was a great laugh, saw everything and more and have come away with a great experience!

You will feel truly looked after with this small company.

Dean C, Owner at Nhongo Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
New York City, New York
“Personalized Safari Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

During our 7 week Round The World trip, we joined Nhongo Safaris on a 4 day/ 3 night tour. we were expecting to be thrown on a bus with 20 other people and just randomly take pictures of animals for a few days. Maybe we would get lucky and one of these animals would get close to the car. However, we were completely wrong.

The logistics (i.e. getting to and from the park) went smoothly. Dean picked us up from the hotel and drove us to Pretoria where another shuttle bus took us to Nelspruit. The 3-4 hr shuttle ride went smoothly but the shuttle van was a bit small so I would suggest getting to the shuttle stop early and grabbing a good seat. If you get stuck in the middle seats it would be a very uncomfortable ride. Thankfully, my husband and I were completely jetlagged (since we flew in from Argentina the day before) and knocked out for the whole ride. Otherwise, I probably would of felt very restless. When we got to Nelspruit, we immediately got picked up by our guide- Mark- and we drove another hour or so to the park. We were surprised to learn that it would just be the two of us on this tour.

Mark was very engaging and throughout the trip, we shared a lot of laughs and great stories. I think what made our Safari trip a fun one was partly because of Mark's personality and his knowledge about animals. I would recommend to use him if you have a choice. He took the time to stop and explain the behavior/characteristics of each animal before moving on. It was educational and I definitely have a bigger appreciation for animals today than before. Mark was also passionate about saving the rhinos from poachers and we appreciated his heart for these animals. We are now more aware about rhino poaching and are also spreading the word. What also made our Safari trip great was the fact that although we went to the Safari during wet season, we were still able to see the Big 4 on day 1 and then the Big 5 on day 2. We even caught a herd of elephants bullying a family of lions, which we are still raving about to our friends today. In all honesty, there were a few rides in which we didn't see anything for an hour or two and I have to say those were pretty boring and I was rolling my eyes a bit but we understand that is nature, and not so much Nhongo's doing but just be prepared that this might happen if you plan to go.

The campsite we stayed at was also comfortable. It was a high-class tent with air conditioning and a private bathroom. I was very concerned about this part of the trip, but it turned out to be comfortable and exceeded my expectations.

Verity gave us a lift back to our hotel which was very nice of her. She also gave us a good perspective on the political situation of South Africa which we appreciated. It was very interesting because we were able to hear the pt of views from black locals as well as white locals.

Thanks for a great time!

Visited December 2012
Edinburgh
6 attraction reviews
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had the pleasure of joining Nhongo Safaris on a Kruger Safari in November 2012 and the service we received from the start and the overall experience was just amazing. Verity was so helpful with answering queries prior to booking and always responded really quickly. We were picked up from our hotel in Johannesburg by Verity as planned and on arrival at the Kruger Park, Dean took over for our first day's drive.

Right from the start, we saw so much and by the end of the second day, we had seen all of the big 5 twice!! Mark took over on the second day and was great fun and really added to the experience. Both Dean and Mark are so knowledgeable about The Kruger and all the animals and really made an effort to ensure as many good sightings as possible, even if that meant staying out in the park longer.

We had such a fantastic time at The Kruger and it was all due to Nhongo Safaris. I know we wouldn't have seen half as much or enjoyed the park as much if we had chosen to drive ourselves. I also feel that Nhongo Safaris offer really great value for money as you will spend more time on the drives than sitting about the camps/lodges. Mark and Dean are great guides and you will also have great fun with them.

Would not hesitate to recommend. Thank you Nhongo Safaris for such a fantastic exerpience.

Visited November 2012