It was our Honeymoon.
First time in SA, first Safari, knowing nothing about it or expecting anything...
Talking first about the little things that could be improved,
- one lady from the desk was very cold and even rude globally and esp. when we needed a hand with a phone call. It's only one person and the rest of the staff was Wonderful. Making her smile could make the service experience perfect.
- the internet was down when we stayed, hope it's fixed now. (nota : you, usually, don't need @ in such places...)
Otherwise, the Chalet was great! We enjoyed the terrace, the outside shower is amazing, the beds very comfortable. We loved finding our chalet made up each time we got off the night game drive.
The restaurant is great! Congrats to the chef with menus between local food and European tastes. We loved esp. the breakfasts and the Braais !
THE MOST AMAZING THING is the Game! We experienced two perfect Rangers (Sofiso and Keneth, in a different style) funny, clever, amazingly good to find the animals, they both gave us the feeling of being invited by the Bush and its inhabitants... They don't hesitate to go off the road to see them very very close. The explanations and the jokes of the rangers are fabulous. We loved the morning calls; the bush breaks during the game; the all atmosphere of it. We've seen all of the big 5 and almost the entire extended list.
You want the perfect Game Drive experience and a very good place to stay (on the way to be excellent I’m very sure), Here is THE place, affordable.
M&I from Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is a place in Africa where legends are bornShishangeni comprises of three camps to choose from Shishangeni Private Lodge, Camp Shonga and Camp Shawu. Each of the three adding a different experience to the visitor. The Lodge offers big five game viewing, superior service, excellent cuisine, and the best accommodation in Southern Africa. The emphasis of all three of our camps is on nature without losing the luxury and superior service our guests are accustomed to. We are striving to create the optimum balance between people and their environments, while having an absolute minimal impact on the neighbouring habitat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Shishangeni Private Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.