“Jessica is different” 3 of 5 stars

Singapore, Singapore
37 attraction reviews
“Jessica is different”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We drove to Hoedspruit for this attraction. It is interesting to feed Jessica who seems very comfortable in her surroundings. And, she loves foot-body massage.

Glad to know that they now have a male hippo, 9 months old. We got to play with this, than with Jessica. It was fun to see this hippo tussle with the house dogs at times with the whole jaw around the necks of the dogs.

Visit only if you are in the area. it is located 1 - 2 km before entering town, coming from Lydenburg. You will have to drive 8 km gravel road.

Visited November 2012

Dublin,Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“If I didn't have the photographs I wouldn't believe it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

You will never get so close to a hippo ever in your leaf. The bizarre spectacle of Jessica lumbering up for her tea and corn is unreal. But I must admit I lost my heart to Ritchie the baby hippo there

Visited October 2012
Baltimore
9 attraction reviews
“This is fun, strage and a bit weird.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I heard about Jessic and you can go on YouTube and see a video. I fed her, she kissed me. It is a bit odd but worth the side trip at least I think.

Visited September 2012
Earth
26 attraction reviews
“We LOVE Jessica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

One of the highlights of our trip was visiting Jessica the Hippo at her home. We had seen videos of Jessica on television and heard the story of Toni Joubert rescuing this orphan and raising her as an only hippo and wanted to see this for ourself. We are so happy that we did. We arrived via a long circuitous route through a corporate orange grove thanks to our GPS so beware. But it was well worth the trouble. We arrived at the gate and welcomed by one of Jessica's caregivers. We were escorted to the dock on the riverbank and were standing there chatting away with Tonie when we look up and see Jessica nimbly trotting down the path to the water. What a sight. She gently entered with barely a splash and swam over to the dock to be granted a snack by my husband and myself. We had a great afternoon talking to Tonie and watching Jessica as she went about her business acting very much like a very large dog who swims. Visiting hours 10 to 12 and 3 to 5. joubert@jessicahippo.com or www.jessicahippo.com. Make time in your schedule to see this. You will be delighted!

Visited July 2012
Kempton Park, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

my wife really likes kissing a hippo - need I say more! And now there is a new little Richard which we look forward to watching grow up

Visited September 2012