“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   R40, Hoedspruit 1380, South Africa   |
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed one night, on recommendation, at this beautiful Manor House while in transit to another lodge further into the Sabi Sands. I wished I could have stayed longer! It is a beautiful home, and the view to the water hole and its frequent animal visitors from the deck overlooking the infinity pool, absolutely breathtaking. The accomodations are luxurious, the staff are very attentive, the food delicious and the grounds well manicured. I was totally relaxed. The game drive with Nicholas was a wonderful learning experience and I saw a few animals that I had not seen on previous drives elsewhere. I also enjoyed meeting and feeding rose petals to the resident Bushbuck, Jordie; he was a delight to see up close. Thank you to Ronel and all the staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mike_KNMH123, Front Office Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
What a wonderful treat to hear that our guest loved the service that our staff has offered them, right from the food to the accommodation. And ofcourse not forgetting the entertainment that little Jordan offers.

Hope to see again

Khaya Ndlovu staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Carefree, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had pretty high expectations for this property but must say I was blown away with how absolutely beautiful this manor house is, it is actually better than the website photos. The rooms were beautiful, well appointed, and they even put a hot water bottle in the bed to warm the sheets when they did the turn down (how decadent is that)! We had planned on checking in, then heading out to see some sites, we loved this place so much we decided not to leave. Next time I hope to spend more time at this jewel of a place. Great staff, beautiful setting and interiors, resident animals, fabulous food, reasonable drinks. A hidden gem!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Evette,

What a beautiful review, thank you so much. We always say that it is lovely to hear that we are able to offer a guest more than they though they would receive.

What a lovely photo of Jessie you also got, she is such a little lady

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My partner and I stopped in for a luxury weekend and that is what we got! That view when you first walk in is unforgettable! We were taken care of from the moment we walked in until we left. I love Jordie the bush buck, he was so cute and the grounds are just beautiful. The Vervet Monkeys woke us up early with all of their playing but that wasn't so bad. Would thoroughly reccommend a vistit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Shirene,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us (even with those little monkeys running around) Jordan is such a treat and he sure is getting bigger by the day

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were scheduled to stay in the cheaper garden suites, but were upgraded into the Manor House as there was space for us. We were greeted upon arrival and made to feel as house guests for the duration of our stay.

Meals were delightful looking out over the watering hole and the bush. Game drive was organized for us into Thornybush and was another great experience, we were able to see the Big 5 in one drive! Very relaxing, be sure to grab a beer on the edge of the infinity pool overlooking wildlife in the watering hole :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brent, it was lovely having you guys with us. The photos you added are great and I am sure they have fond memories attached.

See you again soon for a beer at the pool

Kempten, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked without any Homepages or agencys directly at the Khaya Ndlovu Manor House. They have a great Team which was always available for answering questions and booked everything we wanted to do for us (activities). Everything was arranged without any Problems and it was amazing what Kind of excellent work they did. We had a double room (my daughter and me) and that room was amazing and very comfortable - especially for the african Country. It could easily be a high-class Hotel in europe.
The personal was unbelievable nice and comfortable. Their english was fantastic, so there werent any communication Problems.
The lodge is a great possibility for an exciting Holiday with Family, friends or a romantic stay. Theese People were able to organize everything for their guests. The pool was very clear and clean. The meals were great - most things we already knew cause its european breakfast :-)

We will come again. All theese guys were that fantastic and helped us to have a wonderful stay in south africa. The trips we have made were great and we are all looking Forward to see those guys soon and of course south africa. We have seen the big 5 and touched lions, Gepards, and hippos - one of the hippos we have feeded..... I tell you - this trip has been the best I have ever did in my life.

Thanks - Khaya Ndlovu Team! We will see us very soon!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Manor house was a good decition. Talk to the People at the lodge - they will give you advice wha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was so lovely having you and Leoni with us. Like we always say, people arrive as guests and leave as friends.

White Salmon, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

What a gem! The setting is spectacular, the rooms are beautiful, the food is great and the host and hostess are delightful. What more could one ask? When I'm too old and feeble to climb aboard safari vehicles, I'll simply spend all of my time at Khaya Ndlovu. We discovered it three years ago and have been every year since. And, each visit has been longer than the last. We love it there and look forward to another visit in just a few days. Lucky me! By the way, it's a wonderful place to get over jet lag if you're traveling a great distance (in our case the U.S.) and heading towards Kruger.

Room Tip: Ask for Dolly's room. That's me and I don't know the room number!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MikeLawrie, General Manager at Khaya Ndlovu Manor House, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Dolly S

It feels like I am responding to family. Thank you for your wonderful review.
We so appreciate you guys and cannot wait to see you again, counting the hours

Our Very Best

The Khaya Family
Phalaborwa, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at Khaya Ndlovu for a business trip and was treated like royalty. Even though I only arrived at half past nine at night, the staff went out of their way to accommodate me. The whole manor house is beautiful. The breakfast was amazing!! The staff was so friendly and I felt like family. On my way out of the manor house the next morning, I spotted jackals and warthog, just alongside the road and it made my day. I sat on the deck by the pool, to do some work and it was the best office view I have ever had. The four course dinner was prepared perfectly. I will most definitely be returning. In fact, it is so beautiful we are getting married there in August this year.

Room Tip: If you are on a romantic getaway - book a night in the honeymoon suite - it is stunning and comes wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear TheMrsC_8

It was fantastic having you here, we are looking forward to your wedding.

See You Soon

Best Regards

The Team at Khaya

Been to Khaya Ndlovu Manor House? Share your experiences!