“The Only Italian vibe in the low veld” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 restaurants in Hoedspruit
Cuisines: African, Italian, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Real Italian Restaurant, in the Lowveld. Home made Pasta end home made Pizza.All our food is prepared " a la Minute". Italian Chef and owner.Also available meat, chicken, seafood and vegeterian menu`. Luxury garden and play area for the kids. In the evening, romantic atmosphere with oil lamps and relaxing music.
Tunis, Tunisia
“The Only Italian vibe in the low veld”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I go to visit cala la pasta almost everyday. The owners created such a nice vibe and a welcoming place that I would go there to enjoy a real expression sitting in the terrace and honestly thinking myself in Italy. Erica and luca would be so welcoming and their staff know exactly what I want. They are truly amazing.
The food is delicious the real Italian deal.
Thank you so much guys for being in our life in Hoedspruit.
Raouda

94% Recommend
Nelspruit
“Fabulous Italian in beautiful Hoedspruit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thank you Luca and Erika for wonderful food! Your restaurant is fabulous, great staff, fantastic location, kiddies area (a big plus for parents with a little one!) and your food is sublime. We read about Cala la Pasta in the latest edition of "Lowveld Living" and, loving Italian food, we could not wait to try it. We ate there twice during our weeks stay in Hoedspruit and YUMMY! Thank you for your hospitality, we look forward to returning very soon!! Many thanks, Doug, Leigh and little Matthew (from Nelspruit).

Roodepoort
“Italian gem in Hoedspruit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visited Cala la Pasta on 8 August 2013. My husband was playing golf and I worked on my laptop while waiting for him to join me for lunch. The waitress was very friendly and I ordered a glass of wine and a small pizza. Be warned a small pizza is large. It was a pizza with mozzarella, rocket, parmesan and parma ham and it was great. I was in the restaurant quite a few hours as I was waiting and I unfortunately have to say that I did not experience the great hospitality of Luca and Erica that others are raving about. My husband joined me and I ordered the trout and he ordered the four cheese pizza. The four cheese pizza was one of the best I have ever eaten and my trout was cooked to perfection. When our food came Erica did a two second check at our table. But do visit for the food, it is excellent! I had wine by the glass and found it of a good standard as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
LukasHoedspruit, Owner at Cala la Pasta Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear customers, thank you for your review....I,(Erika)'m really sorry if i couldn't take care of your table but unfortunatly i was making sure your food was cooking to perfection and thanks i made it....We try always to give the best to our customer in food point of view, service and hospitality....I'm glad you received a good service and you ate a good food....I'm sorry if you couldn't assist you personally.....We hope to see you again and next time please call us we'll be a pleasure offer you a glass of Limoncello....
Kind regards.
Erika & Luca
Zwolle, The Netherlands
“Relaxing terrace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very nice Italian restaurant in Hoedspruit. It is a nice cosy place where you can have a typical Italian capuchino and various delicious Italian food.
The location is perfect in de centre of Hoedspruit. The staff is kind and friendly and the service is very good.
Erica and Luca created a very nice place.
We certainly are coming back.
Leandra & Dave

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LukasHoedspruit, Owner at Cala la Pasta Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear customer thank you very much for your review......We are glade you enjoy the time in our restaurant......We always like treat well our customers with relax atmophere, big smile and why not a nice cup of coffee.....We hope to see you soon..Thank you......
Best regards....
L.P.
London, United Kingdom
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a fantastic little restaurant tucked away in the heart of South Africa. If the food wasn't enough too make you bow down to those Italian pizza chefs, then the service will certainly leave you with a warm and welcomed feeling when you leave.

Thanks Erica & Luca..... I shall start saving for my next flight to SA so I can come and say hello again!

M.Emery

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LukasHoedspruit, Proprietario at Cala la Pasta Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Mikey, thanks a lot for your beautiful review, i truly appreciated ......
I hope i'll see you soon soon......Big hug, from all of us:-))))