“Fantastic food, romantic setting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 57 Restaurants in Ballito
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fiamma Grill specialises in quality grade cuts of matured meat and carefully selected seafood dishes. We are an Italian Grill House catering for families, functions, and romantic occasions. Our menu ranges from pizza & pasta to delicious seafood grill’s and hand selected cuts of grain fed beef. All our meals are prepared from fresh and should one wish to add or exclude anything in their meal, it is easily accommodated.Fiamma Grill is situated in a boutique hotel that offers an unique dining experience focused on service, ambience and style.Due to us being a family run restaurant, one can see the enjoyment we get from the close interaction with our guests and the overall experience of “food”. The philosophy behind the restaurant is “to be closely related to our patrons, offer a warm friendly service, and care for the local community”.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, romantic setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Coco De Mer for 3 night and ate at Fiamma all 3 evenings. The food was excellent with plenty of choice. The service was the right amount of attentive and the as I saw I. Other reviews I was preparing myself for a long wait between courses being served but we didn't suffer this problem on any of our visits. Thoroughly enjoyable all round dinning experience.

Visited February 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Nice cosy romantic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

You have to book in advance. Tried to get a table in Dec/Jan to no avail. Stunning menu. Our starters were awesum. Was a bit dissappointed in the main meal but the place was very busy and the food took to long. They do say good food is worth waiting for. our of the 3 meals order 1 was excellent. Would try it again though but maybe for lunch

Visited February 2013
Kempton Park, South Africa
“50/50”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Situated on the same premises as the Coco De Mer Boutique Hotel where we stayed at, we decided to have dinner here. The staff was very friendly and helpful but we waited about 45 minutes for our main meal and again about half an hour for our dessert. (I think this might be due to the fact there there is only 3 Waiters to wait on all the tables) The Manager did jump in to help though. Hubby ordered the Fillet with Pepperdew sauce for his main meal and the “dessert of the day”, which consisted of Lindt Chocolate covered in Pastry, served with Ice Cream and a shot of Amarula. He couldn’t stop complimenting the Manager for the delicious food and literally cleared his plate. I ordered the Calamari for my Main meal and the Crème Brule for dessert. I was very disappointed. The Calamari was covered in black pepper and some herb (even thought the menu doesn’t mention anything about black pepper) and the Crème Brule was just as disappointing. The sugar on top was so hard; I couldn’t even crack it with my knife. We sent it back after I took 3 bites, yet they still charged us for it (R40).

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ballitoville, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Will not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

When we were told that the food is Italian style cooking, we expected a pasta or pizza or similar.

The waiter informed us that everything is flame grilled...

I ordered some peri style chicken dish, but when I got my main I noticed that the chicken was way overcooked, but the worst thing is that they put thyme on the chicken and then flame grilled it so now the thyme became little hard pieces of herb and stopped me from eating the chicken entirely as it was all over the chicken.

My partners food was just as bad so we paid the bill and left looking for the nearest fast food outlet.

Visited August 2012
Naples, Italy
“Italian...only the name!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We are italians, so having dinner to those "supposed to be" italian restaurants is always funny! The owner pretends to be italian so it was funny to make some jokes to understand that maybe he doesn't even know where exactly is Rome! Anyway, the kitchen is not bad, everything is avarage, except the price that maybe is too high.The restaurant is very nice, clean and cosy.

Visited January 2013