“Best horse trail” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 18 Attractions in Wilderness
Type: Equestrian Trails, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: PERDEPOORT HORSE TRAILS. Situated in Wilderness heights, 6km from the village, Perdepoort Horse Trails offer rides on a beautiful 65ha private farm. The trail takes you through the indigenous forest were one passes a giant 400-year-old yellowwood tree watching over the forest. Our horses are the best! Children and novice riders are safe and the more experienced riders can have lots of fun trotting and cantering! Bookings are essential and rides go out at 10:00 and 15:00 every day, weather permitting.
Pretoria, South Africa
“Best horse trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Big thank you to Amanda for this awesome experience!! Riding through this beautiful forest on horseback is something every horse and nature lover should experience. The horses are well trained and cared for and even with our very limited experience we felt completely at ease and safe.

Visited April 2014

“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

One of the most beautiful horse trails ive seen in the forrest. ..recommend it to everyone! A must when in wilderness

Visited February 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best family holiday experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was an excellent experience for all of us especially my young children riding each on their own large horse through dense forest without someone leading them; this was truly something that we will remember. The most well trained and beautiful horses you can imagine with an excellent lady handler, everything is very safe and stress-less even for us who had no prior experience.

Visited January 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“magical horse trail in forest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I found perdepoort horse trails by accident while driving back from a bad experience elsewhere. I had a really peaceful, pretty ride in the indigenous forest. I only wish I had taken my camera.

Visited December 2013
“The best horse riding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had the most amazing horse ride when we visited Perdepoort. The horses are beautiful, well looked after and safe. It was my partners first time horse riding and even he loved it. The scenery was so beautiful and I would recommend everyone to give it try. We will definitely be back the next time we visit Wilderness.

Visited November 2013