“Wonderful Guesthouse” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 51 Wilderness B&B and Inns
Essen, Germany
“Wonderful Guesthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We arrived with a group of nine, coming from a Backpacker dorm the night before, quite late at night with 4 cars and a lot of kitesurfing equipment and were warmly welcomed by the owners and very delighted with the beautifully furnished rooms and nice outside areas coming with each room. Breakfast was as well very lovely prepared and served on a nice deck with a view of the River/Lagoon.

I can 100% recomend this Accomodation, thanks again...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We stayed here for five nights last year. We had no reservations about returning this year.
Johan and Annatjie are the perfect hosts. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
When we are next in Wilderness, we know where to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Wiesbden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I stayed there for 3 Nights in Oktober 2010 and find a wonderful and helpful owner (great tipps for my further travelling to Addo). The hut was very comfortable, clean and spacious. Secure parking is no problem (gated). The Stay was very calm; first i thought i could be noisy because the traffic on the national road (a few years ago i stayed in a B & B near the Beachside and there had been a lot of Noise). This B & B is located in a calm area on the "Vlei"side.
In total a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Evergreen, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We had no problems, helpful management, full breakfast, and very good off season rates. Room was nicely decorated, very large, with small kitchen. It was gated and felt very secure. Had not read previous review but I cannot imagine rudeness or theft.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights this year. We mistakenly left R600 in our room, which was stolen by a staff member. When I spoke to the owner, acknowledging that we were stupid to leave money in the room, but wanting to let her know that she has criminals on staff, she was terribly rude to me. She told me we had left our room in an incredibly messy state. As I checked out, I told her I was quite taken aback by her comments when I reported I'd been robbed in her establishment, she said again "what kind of a person leaves there room in such a messy state?" I couldn't figure out if she was saying the R600 was to cover them having to do the dishes and make my bed or what? These people need to learn about customer service! There are certainly better places to stay in Wilderness than here.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Cloverleigh Guest House? Share your experiences!