Teremok Lodge is really wonderful. Luxurious space, great food, good honesty bar, helpful staff, wonderful little spa (pre-booking is advisable!) The B&B is centrally located, but in a very nice villa-style part of town. We stayed in the Milkwood room which has a small balcony (beware of monkey attacks!) and is a good size room with a very individual design. Apparently Durban View is even nicer with a big balcony and view towards Durban. We had booked the Burban View room, but other guests were already staying in it when we checked in – the only mishap of an otherwise perfect stay.
Umhlanga Rocks was a real surprise. It looks quite ugly with high-rise buildings when driving towards it, but it features some really good restaurants, a long sandy beach, good shopping and many things to do in the area (you need a car). The B&B will drive you to restaurants or into town, as it is apparently not safe to walk at night. Taxis are of course quite expensive for the short distance, but easily available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks