Teremok is one of those rare places that one can easily give the five out of five rating. From my first contact via email to the moment we drove out the gate we were completely looked after, made to feel welcome and shown a fantastic time.
Inessa handled all of my requests on email and was brilliant - no question was too obscure, and with eight beautiful, individually furnished and decorated rooms, I was agonising over which room to choose. Inessa answered all my queries about room sizes and views, and when the room I finally settled on (Milkwood) was unavailable, she kept me on a waiting list, and moved us there when somebody cancelled. On arrival at the hotel, all of the staff came out and welcomed us by name, our bags were whisked upstairs and we were shown around, taking in the beautifully decorated communal areas, the gardens, the spa, the complimentary tea and coffee bar (with espresso machine) as well as the extensive DVD collection, gym and so on.
Our room was beautiful, with a huge bedroom, great view over the ocean from a private balcony, four poster bed, free standing bath, everything necessary for a romantic getaway. I had told Inessa it was my wife's birthday and when we got back from our evening out at 11pm, Stanley the concierge was waiting for us and had quickly lit candles and scattered rose petals through the room as well as setting out a bottle of champagne for us and slipping hot water bottles into the bed.
Breakfast the next morning was a real highlight, with a lovely view over the garden, friendly helpful and accommodating service and delicious and healthy choices. I thought the 'breakfast shots' of blended yoghurt, banana and vitamins were a really nice touch.
Ninette who was the manager on duty was great, and was more than happy to have us stay as long as we wanted on the day we checked out, seeing as no one was checking in to our room that day. We got great value out of the room relaxing until lunch time when we had booked into the spa for a hot stone massage, which was also excellent, and a great end to the visit.
Teremok really deserves the good reviews, thanks to its good position, fantastic rooms, and high class facilities. Ultimately though, its greatest attribute is its staff, whose consistent, unobtrusive and top notch service is what really sets this place apart.
Final notes: pillows in our room were on the overstuffed side - take your own if like me, you prefer a thinner pillow. Also, the skylights in our room were beautiful during the day, but also mean that you will wake with the dawn. Take an eye mask if you want to sleep in!
- Also Known As:
- Teremok Marine Hotel
- Teremok Marine Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Teremok Hotel Umhlanga Rocks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Umhlanga, and walking distance from the beach, lies Teremok Marine, an award-winning five-star boutique lodge and spa. All eight suites are uniquely designed and boast extra-length beds, air-conditioning, private balconies, showers, baths, double basins and separate toilets with bidets. Extras include LCD screens and DVD players, iPod docking stations, and complimentary ADSL internet in every room. Teremok also has a Spa facility, gym and pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Teremok Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.