“excellent food & great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Durban, South Africa
“excellent food & great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had 8 international guest and they were looking for a Greek flavor restaurant and we took the Sashas where we had excellent food and great service, the owner Aleko did his best to keep us happy and satisfied. Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Great vibe - food needs some attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stopped at Gateway for lunch, like the look of Tashas so stopped there. Great vibe, and really nice decor. I can see why its so popular. Service was excellent. Food however, mmmm. Menu is appealling with a diverse range of different cuisines. I went for the brazilian quesidilla - it sounded delish but what I got was a disappointingly flat quesidilla full of gooey tasteless cheese with a few pieces of chilli and chicken dotted in. I was starving so I ate it but very disappointed in what could have been a great meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“A Sure Favourite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited Tashas Gateway last Saturday night.

The service was good, I was happy with the cocktails, but the food wasn't at the same standard that we are used to from them. I had the Salmon Flatbread, the bread was way too crispy. My husband had the curry that he absolutely loves, but all of a sudden is not served with a roti anymore?! We enquired with the waitress & she confirmed this.

If the prices stay the same, surely the meal layout should stay the same too?

Other then that, we really enjoyed our evening & we will be going back in the near future.

Durban, South Africa
“nice place to meet and share a good meal and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Its always buzzing, the staff are great with personalities and they go the extra mile. The decor is well though out and the food is very enjoyable. We have been here many times and even when its extremely busy...which is often the food is on time, fresh and tasty. The menu selection is varied and you can go from a superb diet meal to hunger buster in a blink of an eye. Great coffee variations, cocktails and the desserts and cakes are fresh and very...very good.

Visited February 2013
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Been to most of the Tasha's in Johannesburg and loved every meal. This Tasha's is a bit of a let down. Everything is like a watered down version of the JHB restaurants. The food is still varied and ambiance is nice but my husbands meal got sent back three times. If I didn't have the other restaurants to compare it too I would have given it a 6 out of 10, but now id give it a 4. Won't go back

• Visited February 2013