“Not Nice” 2 of 5 stars

10 Lagoon drive, Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Seafood & Game restaurant. Reviewed in tthis years Sunday Guardian or Observer when reviewing places to go in SA for World Cup Cities. (Came under the Durban heading). Staff were really lovely, view lovely over the ocean and you can hear the waves crashing. WE had Calamari, Ostrich and a lovely Sauvignon Blanc- yummy! 0027 31 561 5847 (Based at Cabana Beach Hotel site)
Hazyview, South Africa
“Not Nice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We ordered room service from this restaurant as we were staying in the resort where they are situated. We each ordered a T-Bone which wasn't nice at all. They weren't cooked right and grilled with no basting. The sauce that we ordered with the meal was also not up to standard! Come guys, you dragging the resort down - you got to fix things.

Visited March 2012

Pretoria, South Africa
“Problem with children”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Must say didn't get to eat. All of 2 tables out of 20 occupied. Asked if they could serve my 3yr old and I. Was seated, ordered drinks and when the drinks arrived was asked to move as the 1 table we were seated at was booked. Left and when came past hour and half later the table was still empty so were 18 others. Go figure guess they just have a problem with young children. Can't see how she would be a problem with me being a paying customer and them haveing 18 tables empty. Needless to say not a good image for the resort as they are the only restaurant open after 19h00 on the premises. Convenient but only when the manager feels like having children around I suppose

• Visited February 2012
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Very fresh food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Location right on the beach. Good choice of food on the menu. A must is to eat out doors. Inside the Restaurant is a little dated and needs work, but the food was the winner.

Visited February 2012
Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
“Food Poisoning Galore...!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I obtained severe food poisoning on Dec 30th, 2011 after eating the grilled prawns (part of the R125 set menu). I was admitted to casualty and on a drip for 3 hours before I started feeling human again. I am not allergic to prawns as I have eaten them many times.

My husbands calamari was not great either, although it didnt make him sick.

Very disappointing as we visit Razzmatazz every time we are in Umhlanga, but we wont be going again. The fish is so much better in Joburg!

I will wait to see if the restaurant contact me back as they promised.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Shockingly disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

I booked for my family and myself for my birthday a few days ago. The place is badly in need of refurbishment. First the napkins were damp. The wine list is very limited. The service was appalling. Both my Dad and ordered the crab soup starter. Mine was lovely. His arrived 30 minutes later because they screwed up the order. His soup was a watered down salty version with little actual crab to speak of. I had half a body in mine. The steak was over cooked and lacked flavor. The duck was disgusting. Fatty and without proper seasoning. This was not the advertised duckling from the menu. Very disappointing. We won't be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere