“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Three Cities Royal Palm

You added Three Cities Royal Palm to your Saves list
Three Cities Royal Palm
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Palm Boulevard, New Town Centre, Umhlanga Ridge, Umhlanga Rocks 4320, South Africa   |
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Umhlanga Rocks
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Towards the end of July I stayed in this lovely establishment. I was taken away. The place is fabulous. I was booked in a two bedroom suite. I was booked for one night my regret was not have arrieved early or extend my stay. This is a top notch place.

The place is a close proximity to all the amenities. The airport, the beach, shops and the restaurants.

I will be going back soon and I will going for a longer stay with friends and family. This place has become one of the best places for me to stay in Durban. I will recommend to business executives or families who are looking for a holiday accommodation especially for longer stays to check it out this place. If you are like me a hotel room after a day or 2 starts to feel like a prison but this place you would want to stay in your room.

Thank you for a lovely stay and I will joining you soon

Room Tip: choose a suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5sallyb, Manager at Three Cities Royal Palm, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Zama,
On behalf of our Management Team and Staff at Three Cities Royal Palm Hotel, we thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted you had an awesome stay with us. Service is our priority and your review is acknoledged and our staff commended.

Thank you!

We certainly look forward to soon
From the Three Cities Royal Palm Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days on business, it's a newish and pleasant hotel, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable and there's a stunning view of the Gateway shopping centre (I'm joking of course). Service was unpredictable, but quite enthusiastic, there's a friendly bar and pleasant breakfast environment. But I couldn't help feeling that if I was staying in a seaside city, I would like to see the sea. I took a trip out to the Oyster Bar hotel for lunch (actually the view over the beach was brilliant, but the food disappointing ) and that was more of what I'd expected as far as location was concerned. But at least being so close to the Gateway meant that I had easy walking access to the restaurants there. I would particularly recommend Plaka (excellent Greek food especially the starters) and Beluga (fab sushi). And it's true that a great percentage of the shops there had some kind of sports theme. Oh, by the way, the hotel has an agreement with a very large Virgin Active (in the centre, big gym and pool) which is free.
So swings and roundabouts for this hotel really (to use that cliche) depends what you're after, but I think I'd go for a hotel with a sea view.

Belle Mare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was in Durban for the Indaba Fair; stayed at Royal Palm and did not regret choosing this property. Being a Hotelier myself....Hats Off for the housekeeping team. Good breakfast in the morning and well located property... just opposite the Gateway Mall.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Royal Palm in May during the Tourism Indaba and all that I can say is "Excellent job Shamini and team". As always it was a great experience from arrival to the rooms and standards, breakfast and the dinner in Dish. There is no one area to fault. You and your team truly run an exceptional Hotel.

Hope to stay there again soon.

Newcastle, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

As my heading says great apartment , great location, just the service was not up to three cities standards. Restaurant was terrible so my advice ESP. For breakfast is don't rather go to Tasha's or even the wimpy is better, don't waste you money. Someone smoked in my room while we were there which was irritating as a non-smoker with a baby management didn't seem to do much, otherwise not bad great place if you don't need service.

Room Tip: 2bed apartment is great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I first came to SA, I stayed here for 2 months. I use this hotel now once a quarter for functions and my colleagues stay here every 3 months too. The rooms are more like mini-suites, with a bedroom separated by sliding blackout doors, and a deep bathtub as well as shower.
It's a quiet hotel, but plenty of bars as restaurants across the road if you want something more lively, at Gateway, the biggest shopping mall in KZN.
5 mins away from "The Village" for a taste of Umhlanga beach life, and 15 mins from the airport, this is a great place to stay!!

• Stayed April 2012
bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The rooms are suites in the true sense of the word. Segregated living area and bedroom with a kitchenette make it perfect for a short or medium term business trip. The kitchenette is well equipped with few utensils, a microwave and a fridge. A huge balcony with options to sit out. The location is perfect with the huge gateway mall across the road. The beach is a couple of miles away and is a comfortable walk away. I would have liked a better breakfast spread but this is a minor squabble.

Room Tip: Take a junior suite.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Three Cities Royal Palm? Share your experiences!