“lovely little place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“lovely little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I enjoyed the food and loved the dog but I can see how it might put some diners off, not everyone is keen on animals at the table. We had a sweet waitress who I think was still in training and she did neglect my wine glass.

Would I go again - yes

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Outstanding Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been to many great restaurants all over the world and regularly dine in Joburg and Cape Town at top restaurants. I can definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in the midlands area looking for amazing food.

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Honestly, couldn't believe that myself could have such delicious meals! Food was beyond superb. The vibe was awesome and we loved the setting. Even the little dog visiting us now and then was awesome! :D

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Personalised service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Highly recommended for that "special occasion" meal out. Definitely a cut above the rest with wonderful personal service and food that has been prepared with care and pride. The restaurant is divided up into small rooms so perfect for a having private intimate dinner with friends.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Such a pity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Lovely food, pleasant waitresses, but having an old dog begging for food at my table while eating is totally unacceptable. Will not go back because of it.

Penny H, Owner at Traffords, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Mark, Thank you for your feed back on your visit to Trafford's . I am please my staff looked after you and that you enjoyed your meal . Chelsea our much loved resident cocker spaniel ,was brought up in the house that now houses Trafford's , this is her home . Most of our guests adore her and many have been naughty and fed her from the table , impacting very negatively on both her and other customers. I certainly will address the disciplining of her when I am away as I do understand how this can negatively impact on a great dinning experience .