“nice food & attentive service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 410 Restaurants in Durban
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“nice food & attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Good range of Italian food at reasonable prices. Wine list OK. Families catered for. Balcony nice to sit out on.

Visited August 2014

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Olive and Oil has lost its "pizzaz"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Dear O&O. We need to have a chat. Your restaurant used to be my absolute favourite place to be and something has changed. I have come to your place twice this year and both times I have been so disappointed with my meals. The first time I invited my mom and I had the captains platter... the linefish was so dry I ate with a frown on my face the entire meal. I left half the meal. This evening we ordered the sirloin and main calamari and whilst the calamari itself was good, there is no finesse on the plate. Its literally what I can get at The Fish Plaice for R35 and you charge a ridiculous R99. The sirloin was thin and hard. I felt like I was eating a minute steak it was so tough.... and I hate minute steak. The desserts..... what is up with the pathetic portions? The chocolate cake used to be an entire thick slice. What happened? And the tiramisu - in a water glass - really? Our bill was R350 and our bill with my mom was around R650. All I can say is I feel like I never want to eat at your restaurant again. I am so so disappointed.. I feel totally ripped off and I want a refund for my bills. I am a qualified Chef and O&O was tops. What has happened. I feel like crying! This is not fair. I didnt mind paying your prices cause the food was beautiful. The food is now pathetic and your prices ridiculous.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent evening, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Olive and Oil on our second night in Durban and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very relaxed atmosphere, great food and fabulous service. My partner had the fisherman's platter which was huge and very tasty. I had the beef carpaccio to start which was really yummy and so fresh. Would definitely go back and is particularly great spot for larger groups of friends - very social and lively atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
Durban, South Africa
“Pleasant Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was a return visit to Olive and Oil and we can honestly say that the restaurant has improved. Our last visit was a disappointment. This time we were served quickly, served by pleasant waitrons and the food was great. The menu could be a bit bigger we thought. We will definitely recommend it to friends.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Durban, South Africa
“Amazing Food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had Lunch yesterday at Glenwood Branch. Oh my word, amazingly good is not even enough to say. We had the Dijon Sirloin, cooked perfectly and so tender. And the Parma Chicken which I could not stop eating it was so full of flavour. Even though we were so full we had to try the Sticky Choc Desert and it was worth every calory we were putting on. To top that off the restaurant always looks perfect and the staff are extremely warm and friendly. Thank you for a wonderful relaxed lunch.

• Visited June 2014