“Absolutly AMAZING!!! Its a must!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 410 Restaurants in Durban
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Durban
“Absolutly AMAZING!!! Its a must!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We booked for dinner at Olive and Oil Glenwood. We were given a warm welcome and taken to our table. Our waiter, Jason was very helpful, friendly and professional while guiding us through the menus, lovely wine menu. We had Beef Carpaccio and Prawns in phyllo for starters and a greek salad, Grilled Queen Prawns and Best of Both Worlds for mains. ALL ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!! Good value for money and a really good evening out, we will be returning in the near future. I will be suggesting this restaurant to as many people as I can! Lovely experience, thank you Jason and Oilve and Oil.

• Visited January 2013

“Ribs Ribs Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great value for R99 all you can eat ribs.

Quality of other dishes is also great.

Good location and nice wine menu

Visited April 2013
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Far exceeded expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked for Sunday lunch and I was quite dubious when we drove up to this drab, double story house with shops below. I couldn't have been more wrong, this was a very tastefully decorated restaurant with touches of the Mediteranean especially at the entrance and on the balcony area.
The menu was quite extensive and obviously followed the Mediteranean theme. The service was excellent and Cynthia was always checking to see that everything was alright. Our food was also very good and we didn't have to wait too long for it to arrive, which was surprising as everything is freshly prepared.
The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is that within 2 minutes of us arriving another family arrived, (we knew them as the husband is a work colleague ) Jason, who also took us to our table, sat them down, they were immediately given attention with drinks orders and menus and Jason promptly read out a list of specials, they also got a little bowl of olives almost as soon as they sat down and their drinks had arrived before we had even placed our order. . It made me feel as if they were special customers and we were not. We were not told of any specials on the menu or special deals that were running, so we just ordered from the menu.
We will definately visit again which is quite a compliment from me as I am extremely fussy where service and food is concerned. I trained as a Chef in the UK so i have high expectations when I go out to eat, I am also not slow to complain if something isn't right, but on this occasion my husband could breath a sigh of relief as everything was fine :)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Durban
“SERVICE DELIVERY AND HOSPITALITY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had lunch at OLIVE AND OIL GLENWOOD on the 1May2013.....my friend and i were warmly welcomed by Jason who continued to wait on us - very professional and friendly.The meal was 'gastronomically' satisfying we missed the Olive and Oil bottled water though!Will definitely visit again and again and again.

• Visited May 2013
durban
“Another brilliant night at Olive and Oil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

There is nothing like a restaurant that always gives good service and where the food is constantly of superior quality. Not to mention the fact that there is always a little something to take home with you. This is the way I've always found Olive and Oil to be. The waiters are always friendly and the managers are always around to see how our evening is progressing. Having the ribs never fails. They're always delicious and the rack of lamb is scrumptious. Always a great experience at Olive and Oil Glenwood. Thanks guys!!!

• Visited April 2013