“Terrible hotel - best avoided” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Cube

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durban
Hotel Cube
You added Hotel Cube to your Saves list
186 Innes Road | Morningside, Durban 4001, South Africa (Formerly New Morningside Hotel)   |
Ranked #179 of 235 Durban B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Terrible hotel - best avoided”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Booked this hotel for boys participating in a polo camp at Clifton School as it is very conveniently located. However the good location does not make up for the terrrible facilities. The taxi driver taking the boys to the hotel noted that the hotel is used by working ladies. The rooms were awful. In one room there were four broken windows some of which were fixed with cardboard from beer boxes. The air conditioner came off the wall and had no wiring. The lamps did not come on and when this was checked we found they did not have bulbs and the wires were cut off with no plugs. Bath was dirty. Sheets and mattresses stained. Best avoided.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Being the eternal optimist I like to find the silver lining on any dark cloud, so here goes...when I booked myself and my three young sons into this 'hotel' for a boy's weekend away I had no idea that I was going to be giving them a lesson in how to appreciate the many blessings we have in our lives, that we don't have to live like this all the time, and how to feel compassion for the less fortunate. My heart goes out to the people who HAVE to stay in a place like this. The price was ludicrous for the 'amenities' they provided, I would not have paid R100 for a room, let alone the R795 a night for the family room. We will treasure the memories of staying here, for all the laughs it provides in retrospect. The tenants of this hotel, though, look like they rent the rooms by the hour...enough said...

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

by chance my company booked me in here and luckily i arrived early, and couldnt get out of there fast enough, peeling decaying paint wet rot on the ground floors, views of walls, and generally the most pathetic place I could ever lay eyes on. if it was £1 a night it would be too much!

Room Tip: NO ROOM go down the road to the Grange, its better value for money! the only good thing about the ho...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Cube? Share your experiences!