My latest visit was acceptable however a few pointers....
1. Consistency is key - housekeeping is erratic somedays you receive toiletries etc and somedays the old containers get left in your room etc.
2. Room service needs to pay attention to detail - if a guest requests a specific item and it is agreed to at the time of order then the item should be delivered. (extra bread rolls, extra chilli etc)
3. It is still sad that in 2013 hotels still charge ridiculous prices for wifi but hopefully with time that will change.
4. Despite the room advertising bath robes and a mini bar, the bath robes were non existent and the mini bar section LOCKED. Not acceptable. If you advertise a mini bar, make sure it is stocked and available to the guest on check in.
5. Hiltons loyalty programme really needs an overhaul that at least gives the impression that patronage to the brand is recognized. Despite having been loyal to the brand for a decade plus my membership is still stuck on blue as a result of booking accommodation through third party sites and despite me bringing in more than 10K conferencing business for 90 MINUTES during the upcoming AIDS Conference. It gives the impression that getting to Diamond is like pulling teeth at this hotel chain.
6. A consistent complaint is the drainage of the showers that spill over into the main bathroom area. Surely it could be ensured that housekeeping have the tools to make sure that the drain is clean running after each check out?
All in all decent service, great reception staff, property still in need of a forever promised upgrade and refurb but home away from home all the same. I'm returning for 7 nights in June for the AIDS Conference and look forward to an improved, recognised stay in a King Hilton (the room refereed to in my review was a King Hilton Deluxe)
Corner higher up rooms are best.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for your constructive feedback.
Report response as inappropriate
I am sorry to hear that we have not met your expectations during your stay with us. Your comments have been addressed with The Executive Housekeeper and Food and Beverage Manager.
Please can you ask for me during your stay at the hotel during the AIDS Conference, so I can ensure all your requirements are met. Thank you once again for your comments
Guest Relations Manager
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.